Bob Vila Strikes again *UPDATED PAGE 2*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Since everyone is posting pictures of their hard work, I figure I'd post the progress of our Kitchen renovation.

Beginning of Renovation:
Hole was from water damage, and my stupid ass falling through the linoleum into the garage while taking the dog out so he can take a shit. :)

DSC01054.JPG

New Slider and fixed damaged plywood:

DSC01055.JPG

DSC01056.JPG

Kitchen as it sits after tonight:

DSC01057.JPG

DSC01058.JPG

All the cabinets will painted white, grey tile will be going on the floor throughout the kitchen as well as the walls painted a more subtle red.

DSC01059.JPG

DSC01060.JPG

Bathroom that will be getting renovated along side the kitchen, same grey tile, a light color grey/blue paint, new shitter, new bathroom vanity and wall mirror, light:

DSC01061.JPG

DSC01063.JPG

I'll update the post with our progress over the next week :)

whew....I'm so glad it's not just me and Noah going threw this house building shit...

looking sweet there Steve.. ;)

My kitchens been on hold for like 7 months... :(

lol, we have had the tile sitting in the garage since november :)

Forgot to mention, new counter tops, sink, and I am building a pantry along side the rest of the cabinets next to the slider. We also have all new appliances due on this upcoming thursday. Fridgidaire Professional series in Stainless Steel :)

W00T!

wanna donate the old fridge to the Airjockie Garage???

only problem is getting it here... :(

rent a uhaul and a fridge mover dollie. 15 min job.

err wait, no.

i've seen the condos front steps. lol

no prob...

The wife is buying a new fridge for the kitchen soon...so I get the old one...score... :p

Looking good, I can't wait to see the finished product. I need to buy a digi to post my home improvements. I just wish my dumbass had taken befores. I just have to finish caulking the trim, paint it, finish the maple strips for my cabinets, do a little tile work on the counters, put the trim up in the kitchen and paint it, put in a new lights fixture, and redo my bathroom again due to the bathroom fan shitting out. Rework in the bathroom will suck, fix the sheet rock around the shower, kill the mildew on the ceiling, repaint, and finish putting the trim up in there. Then if I have some ambition I might put another coat of poly down on the floors. Home improvement never ends.

God I love home improvement. I don't know why but it just seems like something I will spend a lot of my time doing once I have a house or houses. :ph34r:

Looks like you have some stuff to do there Steve-o....

I am NOT looking forward to what I need to do... The closet in the baby's room is in ehhhh condition... i REALLY need to at least redo the walls of it, because they are kinda rotten, but only have 4 weeks to do it... And no time... :(

I'll have to dig up some yard pics... And I WISH i had taken pics of the drywell that I made... Came out so pimp.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 2 2005, 06:27 PM
God I love home improvement. I don't know why but it just seems like something I will spend a lot of my time doing once I have a house or houses. :ph34r:
[post=519819]Quoted post[/post]​

right on, my friend and I were just discussing this.

day 2

Finished sanding the walls, notice in the next few pictures that there are no more "drip" marks from the previous painting job (not mine ;) ). Almost finished the subfloor. All in all only put in about 5 hours of work into the kitchen today. had alot of other running around to do today.

Sanded and primed (tinted grey per JEEF)

DSC01066.JPG

Harvard giving Robyne a helping hand caulking around the slider's casing :)

DSC01071.JPG

Notice the subfloor is down (one more piece to go):

DSC01072.JPG

New color red (Pottery Red):
DSC01074.JPG

DSC01075.JPG

DSC01076.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

Harvard is tired after helping out so much. :ph34r: He is a good supervisor.

DSC01078.JPG

Subfloor:

DSC01084.JPG

Ripped out the bathroom vanity and filled hi/lo spots and holes:

DSC01069.JPG

Tomorrow starts the beginning of cleaning out the kitchen to prepare for tiling.

Looking damn good Steve...

So how many JDM BBQ's are needed for you to do my kitchen? ;)

steve... Do you make countertops? Thats one thing we want to replace is our coountertop... Its just one piece... I've never done one before.

I built the coutertop for Jeef, it was a tile base countertop with a maple strip surround. He and one of his friends did the tile. I think it came out pretty damn good.

I'm doing the countertops in our kitchen too. It all depends on what you want to do, tile, formica, granite, butcher block, etc. Its rather simple...

I'm thinkin simple and cheap... We are eventually doing additions to the house (First being a 2+ car garage w/ master suite above... thats next year), but for now the counters are just a tad 1970's for us.

Steve does damn good work. My kitchen wouldn't have came out so good without him.

Day 3

Started laying the tile tonight, started at about 330, ended at 745. Hope to finish tomorrow with everything floor-wise (grout included).

DSC01085.JPG

DSC01086.JPG

DSC01087.JPG

DSC01088.JPG

DSC01089.JPG

DSC01090.JPG

DSC01091.JPG

DSC01092.JPG

DSC01093.JPG

DSC01094.JPG

DSC01095.JPG

DSC01097.JPG