boosted, built, bored low comp eg coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oz6

So I bought a 95 ex, pretty much stock not oem looking, short ram intake, freshly rebuilt d16z6. I lowered and boosted it on the gs turbo kit, minus the boost controller, and had some problems with the oil return line. I was pushing about 6-8 psi with a 11 pound spring. The engine spun bearings and bent a rod within shouting distance of my driveway after a long ride with full boost. The motor seized after trying to get it started, and we pulled it into the garage. The dipstick wasn't showing any oil, we even gave the car a while to settle fluids.

That was two months ago. I ordered some low comp vitara pistons(+.5 oversize) and some eagle h-beam rods for internals. We built the block and got it running, as smooth as i think an untuned car with low compression can run. idles at 500rpm, and i have to heel toe gas and brakes when i'm coming to a stop from high rpm. I have the turbo and everything hooked up but I have been driving to break in the motor, and haven't attempted boost yet.

Maybe I could get some insight from other drivers, as to what I should do next to get the best out of my setup with a good tune. A friend suggested that I replace the stock injectors and tune it then.

Also about how long should I wait on boosting? I have heard lots of people say that a motor isn't broken in until 60-70k miles, but most of my buddies are saying I could safely boost in 1-5k miles. I don't plan on waiting 60k.

How much boost to push on 700cc? I've got the oil return cherry now, no leaks and it fits tight.

i would love to see some pictures of the car thats all boosted!:)

yes, boost it and tune it now.

I have had very good luck with going straight to the dyno after a build, done it twice. My tuner prefers to do it that way, saying "its more likely to blow up if you drive around untuned than if you just tune it on the dyno right away." breaking in before you boost is a myth as far as im concerned. Tuning is always key! As far as injectors, it would be best if you replace them with something bigger than stock. For the average boosted D series i would think somethign in the 440-550 range should be plenty for pump gas.

It's not the prettiest car, but I'll get some pics. It's just about the worlds greatest sleeper at this point haha. I will try to get it tuned right away, but I'm also going to try to pick up some 550cc RC injectors before hand. Also I've got a chipping kit for my p28 should I chip my ecu to get it tuned? The chip was supposed to be before I got low comp and was meant for 6 psi on stock internals.

I'd get some DSM 440 injectors they are cheap and inexpensive, and will put down a fair amount of power for your car, just make sure there is a pump to go along with them. I also Recomend getting an Hondata AEM system for ya tune... other than that GL :)

Back