boosted f22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

which f22b is the one that has the iron sleeves. the dohc out of a lude or the sohc out of the accord.

i have a 93 lude si with blown motor and i need it up and running asap. the driver of the car (my sis) is going the body kits lights and crap way but since it needs a motor i thought why not grab up one of those iron sleeved motors everyone throws away for the h22 swap and boost the shit out of it. i was planing on doing that to the h23a block that was in there but ive heard all h series have the something or other fiber sleeves and you cant use forged pistons in the block with out resleeving. so why not the f22b. but which one. ive see a few, the f22b and the f22b1/b2. f22b1/b2 i have the great boost loving comp of 8.8:1 and with the b1 i have vtec. but with the the f22b i have 2 cams no vtec and higher comp of 9.2:1. so which has the magic sleeves and if they all do ill stick with the sohc vtec but if you have any info let me know.

the f22b1 has iron cylinder walls thats all i know but if u wanted a f22a1 i got one for sale soon.

does anyone have any info on the CL f23? sohc vtec thats all i know is it the same as the f22s specs? any info on any f series will help.

It's OBD2, and I think it's similar to the OBD2 F23's in 96 and up accords. Maybe 97 or 98.

I think it's the same motor, since folks have H22'd their CL's.

At least one member did it before.

He hasn't been on in a long time. He also did the manual conversion I believe. I remember he was on Hondaswap several times asking wiring questions and such.

I dont know why it wouldnt work. The only thing i would wonder about would be the mounts. other than that, it should be pretty simple.

The Acura CL's have that sportshift option and shit. I think I'd keep the auto. I'd pimp a 5 spd Accord wagon in a heartbeat tho.

f22b1 swap questions

I have a 93 accord lx wagon with a f22a1 engine and 5-speed manual tranny. Will the f22b1 v-tech bolt to my tranny? And what other headaches am I looking at here!:confused:

Please make a new thread. Don't resurrect this one to talk about something off the topic...and 6 years after the discussion ended.

Back