Boosting a B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Ok, so I plan on boosting my Integra. As of right now it has a stock B20 swap. I do not plan on tearing the engine apart other than pulling it to change out the rod bolts (and possibly bearings, rings and a slight hone) My B20 only has about 18K miles on it, other than replacing the rod bolts should I go the extra distance just for 7psi?

I also plan on buying a Full-Race kit. I need some help with choosing the correct A/R for my setup, along with cams and possibly injectors. Along with the Golden Eagle Fuel Rail and FPR. Braided SS Fuel Lines and if necessary a Walbro Intank FP (which size 190lph or 250lph). Back to injectors I know I can go with DSM 450's, but do I really need injectors that big, I am also aware if i get too large of an injector using Hondata S100 I can tune the injectors down. As far as an EMS I plan on Hondata S100 with Boost option, along with an OBD1 conversion using a P75 as they are really easy to come by.

Goals: Daily Driving in Arizona, 92 Octane, 300 HP (if possible...), I'm shooting for maybe a 13 sec. pass on slicks...

Cliffs: Need help with choosing correct A/R for the T3/TO4E on the Full-Race Kit (.57, .60 or .61), correct size Injectors (RC - 310's, DSM 450's), Correct "turbo" cams (Crane, Crower...), Fuel Pump (Walbro 190 or 250),

Do any of you have any suggestions for my future setup. I realize there are a few things I have over looked. Please help me figure it out.

play it safe and get some 450's.get a walbro 250lph.as long as you get a good tune, ive heard of stock b20s taking 300hp and should be putting your heavy teggy into the 13s...hope that helps a bit

Sounds like fun. You I wouldn't aim for anything above 300whp on the stock block. That is probably more than you need anyway. You'll have some fat torque with that bad mamajama, 13's should be easy. As for the rebuild, a rehone, some fresh rings, and bearings should do it. Maybe pull the crank and get it micropolished.

Some Turbo Article

Something I came across. Might be of some help. I'm not a turbo guy yet.

I found this article and this is what ive based most of my decisions on. im going with the kit for its simplicity and F-R's badass reputation. thanks for your input.

while you know i love FR and their stuff, i think its overkill for anyone running a stock block. there's really no point to it if you're not going for big numbers.

and your stock b20 sleeves won't hold big numbers. i wouldn't aim for anything more than 250 whp on those things in the hot heat of the desert.

310's are for all motor cars. if you want in the mid 250-300s, you need 450-550s

when choosing a crower cam double check the overlap number before you buy it so that you make sure you are indeed getting a cam compatible with a turbo. too much overlap+turbo=car go boom boom.... then dead silence

screw cams and screw the hondata system. get a chipped ecu, and then head out to see HRtuning. is not far from FR in AZ. it will save you a shit load of money in the long run.

your bottom end is the weakest link.

Im thinking it will be a better idea to go ahead and invest in the Hondata system, becuase I do in fact plan on building a motor for bigger boost and power gains. I will sleeve the B20b block to 84mm (Golden Eagle Sleeves), 9:1 CR... etc... but for now Im just boosting the stock B20 until I can afford to buy and have all the work done to a spare B20 block and P8R head.

so, the decision to get hondata and FR is set. I do plan on making bigger power.

bro you're not listening...ITSTHESAMEGODDAMNTHING....

how is hondata going to teach you how to tune???? answer me that....and then i might not think of you as a nut job.....sorry but geez

wow, you need to calm down. if ITSTHESAMEGODDAMNFUCKINGTHING then, the guy who tunes my car will know how to do it, right? ex-fucking-actly. Gee's dude, why does everyone want to flex their knowledge and tell me what to do with my cash, my car, my time?

I appreciate your input, but when you try yelling at me, then fuck off. I dont need your input.

bro if he is legit...then yes he SHOULD know what the fuck to do if not......what ever...

secondly, the threads purpose has NOTHING to do with what EMS system I should go with.

Please tell me where I asked what EMS to use, it was about cams (nonvtec), injectors and the AR of the turbo for the 1.973L of my B20. That's all it was about. Since I AM going with Hondata and the Full-Race kit those are the only things not covered.

you could just save your self the money....... stay obd0 (if you havent converted) and use turbo edit....thats it mang....take it how ever you want....

I understand what you are saying formby, I just understand why you are so concerned with how the cash is being spent on my setup. yea, saving cash is good, but I'm in it for the longhaul, you know. I want a company with a good reputation, and customer support. I know nothing about soldering chips adn shit, and Im new to my area therefore I dont know anyone (shop or person) who is willing to do the soldering/install of the EMS system.

Back