Bose needs to be stopped.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

First off, Bose is a monster. I hate them and they need to die. They have some of the shittiest car audio products EVER.

For those of you who don't know, Bose systems work like a badly organized government. Each speaker has its own individual amplifier, and amp voltage as well as audio signal is controlled and equalized by the head unit. Meaning, if you replace one component you replace everything, AND rewire the entire car's audio system.

One of my door speakers started buzzing today. Off to sound domain to locate 2 pair of replacements, then it's down to the stereo shop to get the car rewired and shit.

I'm never gonna get the Z done. I hate my new money pit. :(

i dunno depends i guese

my legend had a bose system but thankfully in my trim it did not have the 2 ohm external amp one

so all i did was replace the head unit and it sounds awsome

if i had a gs legend then i would have to rewire everything

anyways good luck with that i know nothing about q-ship bose systems

Yeah, they don't design them to be replaced, but they do break....

My bro has a Bose system in his TT with the 8inch woofer. Not too much bass, but enough to let you know it has an external sub. It sounds freaking awesome, much better than my kappa perfects all around and my 350/1 rf power, capacitor, and the 12w3v2. I got.

Also my dad has a bose system for his house. Not sure which model, but it has the dvd built in, the harddrive and all that jazz, 5 speakers, and the bigger subwoofer. Sounds so clear and undistorted it blows my Yamaha set up out of the water.

Shit, my 901's where the best home speaker I have ever had. Those and a sub couldn't be touched. The big problem with them (home) is they are mostly reflecting which means placement is key to making them sound good. As far as the car stuff, hell no, I can install Alpine, and Infinity for half the price and sound twice as good.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 9 2005, 09:01 PM
Shit, my 901's where the best home speaker I have ever had. Those and a sub couldn't be touched. The big problem with them (home) is they are mostly reflecting which means placement is key to making them sound good. As far as the car stuff, hell no, I can install Alpine, and Infinity for half the price and sound twice as good.
[post=523319]Quoted post[/post]​

BOSE is total shit. Most 350Zs come stock with the bose sound system. It has more issues that can't be fixed.... people have had them replaced time and time again only to have other problems come up. the only fix for it is to RIP THE WHOLE DAMN THING OUT.

Also, BOSE is one of the few companies that doesnt meet the THX stardards.

P.S I had an older set of 901s that had rotted out speakers, I called bose up and they told me if I send them the speakers and $500 they would give me a brand new set of speakers as with the amp needed to run them.

long story short.....

just last week I trashed them in the dumpster.

Sure I could have paid $500 bucks and sold them on ebay for a few hundred more but fuck it I'm not willing to spend my time and then in the end sell someone a POS product.

I've owned lots of bose stuff over the years and once again IMO its total junk.

oh yeah my old Audi had the bose system. My moms old 95 corolla that turned out to be a lemon had a much better factory radio then my Audis bose system. Fin PIECE!

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 9 2005, 08:01 PM
Shit, my 901's where the best home speaker I have ever had.
[post=523319]Quoted post[/post]​

That's the only Bose speaker that's even halfway decent...

Mine weren't rotted, and sound great, just my experiance. I'm sure nowadays you can get something that is better for less, this was back in '92 :) But I still have some 301's sitting on my selfs that can kick out some nice sounding tunes :)

There was another audi sitting next to the one I bought with the bose. I compared them. I wasn't impressed by the Bose. Actually my 944 had a Bose system...I ripped it out. I had another car that had a bose system, I tried to rewire it and it just didn't work. I hate bose. I will never buy anything with it.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 10 2005, 07:13 PM
Eh, it's still Bose- which means 70s audio technology- which was still old in the 90s.
[post=523593]Quoted post[/post]​

But come on, it's not like Cerwin Vega, or JBL have taken great technological leaps in the last twenty years :p

True- but at least both cmopanies have been using dome tweeters for the last 15 years... Bose won't. That's why they have to resort to their direct/reflecting gimmick.

My Brother's TT has tweeters. His might just sound better as its the "concert" edition stereo or something, but nonetheless its freaking clear.

I also like the Monsoon stereo VW has in its higher end cars. Sounds freaking amazing for a stock system. I'm just a fan of nice stock stereo's.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 9 2005, 03:54 PM
First off, Bose is a monster. I hate them and they need to die. They have some of the shittiest car audio products EVER.

For those of you who don't know, Bose systems work like a badly organized government. Each speaker has its own individual amplifier, and amp voltage as well as audio signal is controlled and equalized by the head unit. Meaning, if you replace one component you replace everything, AND rewire the entire car's audio system.

One of my door speakers started buzzing today. Off to sound domain to locate 2 pair of replacements, then it's down to the stereo shop to get the car rewired and shit.

I'm never gonna get the Z done. I hate my new money pit. :(
[post=523216]Quoted post[/post]​

The Bose Gold system sounds prtty good in my Vette....But it is a pain in the ass....I've been to places where they said they woulnd't even bother touching my car to rewire it for a new speakers....They said its to much work.....<shrug>

Don't know about the car systems, but I'm sold on the home systems... Fry's has some bose speakers in their audio demo room... Walk in to the 40x60 room to some loud, great sounding audio. Ask the guy which of the many speakers in the room is powering the music, and he points to these teeny little 3 inch by 3 inch Bose speakers. Four of them and a sub sounded like a huge system.

If you only knew the kickbacks Bose gives to their dealers and salespeople to sell their home products... plus the fact that quite often Bose will pay the extra cash to have the sound room configured exactly to their specifications so their speakers sound better than anyone else's. Listen to a Bose system in someone's house and you'll see what I mean.

Back