Bragging Rights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94delsoljjg

No, not for my car :p , my insurance. I'm 16 and paying $400/year for my Del Sol. Full coverage - theft/weather/etc.

For those who do engine swaps, did you insure your engine as an aftermarket part? I'm probably just dropping the stock B16a and I figure that insuring that as an aftermarket part will be a lot cheaper than saying my car is the VTEC.

damn I pay like $2000 a year on some BS company, Farmers had jacked my rates up to $4400 a year. I decided I wasn't going to pay more per month for insurance than i was for my car. As far as insuring the engine, I didn't...if I get in an accident I'll pull it out if the car is totaled

if I get in an accident rough enough to completly ruin the engine I probably need to more worry about waking from my comma or learning to walk again than replacing my motor. Yes it may get damaged but its going to be cheaper to fix than to pay the excess premium your insurance company will want to insure the motor and then the added insurance they will put on knowing you are driving a car with that much modification.

oh yeah bragging rights on who pays the most insurance :p

i pay a lil over 400 a month for both of my hatchbacks :blink:

and for the Integra and Escalade i pay something like 350 a month :ph34r:

whoa!!!! 7 accidents over here!! and a shit load of tickets, damn im good!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My dads Escalade EXT was cleptoed the day before thanksgiving :(.. ah well.. Anways. My insurance is 335 a month for full coverage on my Sheclipse and its only 45 a month for my newest project/beater b/c the dsm will be in the shop daily, an 89 daytona.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 20 2003, 04:17 PM
My dads Escalade EXT was cleptoed the day before thanksgiving :(.. ah well.. Anways. My insurance is 335 a month for full coverage on my Sheclipse and its only 45 a month for my newest project/beater b/c the dsm will be in the shop daily, an 89 daytona.

i pay 400 a month too.woohoo

my wife and I pay $158/mo. ($1896/yr) and thats with her speeding tickets and an accident. I've got a clean record. oh and it's to insure full coverage on a 02' ex sedan, and a 91' crx dx .

for my 95 del Sol SI, I pay a little over 800 a year now, damn AAA bumped my rates up $100 a year. Oh and I am 16 also. Do you have an S or an SI for your insurance to be that low? I even have the car under my dad's name (50 yrs old) other wise the car would cost over 1800 a year. To much for my blood.

I bought an S since I planned to swap for a VTEC and didn't see any other differences. I'm under my parents insurance too... the reason mine is so cheap is that my parents insurance policy only shows one car, a crappy 92 ford tempo. My dad's 2002 Century is under company insurance. So, for them to add me as another driver on their plan is like $100 a year I guess; and the car itself is only $300 a year.

edit: We have American National Insurance I think it is... it's not American Family

i didn't insure my motor, and when my car was totaled they considered it an upgrade because it was OEM, so made the car worth a little more. i've kept salvage on it and am now in the process of fixing some of the body damage i did :(

Originally posted by B16@Jan 20 2003, 10:34 PM
i didn't insure my motor, and when my car was totaled they considered it an upgrade because it was OEM, so made the car worth a little more. i've kept salvage on it and am now in the process of fixing some of the body damage i did :(

OEM as in it has the honda name on it so it is OEM. In otherwards if you had a ITR in there and you run into a tree sending maple branches through the block, they will replace it with a new ITR?

well on my hatch i pay a little over 600 a year for full coverage then my POS crsux i pay 1k a year. i just LOVE MA

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 20 2003, 10:41 PM-->
@Jan 20 2003, 10:34 PM

OEM as in it has the honda name on it so it is OEM. In otherwards if you had a ITR in there and you run into a tree sending maple branches through the block, they will replace it with a new ITR?

if I was your insurance agent I would buy you a new one just because i got to see someone put a maple branch through there block.....I mean whats the odds of that actually happening

Originally posted by Baker@Jan 20 2003, 11:21 PM
if I was your insurance agent I would buy you a new one just because i got to see someone put a maple branch through there block.....I mean whats the odds of that actually happening

oh it will happen, just hit the tree going like um.... 149 (about the top speed of the ITR tranny) and a few branches will make it in there. They will also be sticking in you also, but i never said this way was perfect

I pay 160 a month (well ten months out of the year) for full coverage on my brand new truck, and liability on my civic. The only reason that I am 22 and still on my moms insurance.

I kinda feel better about my rates now after reading everyone elses.

I pay $2712 a year and I'm 19 with one accident and two tickets.

i was paying 1200 a year for my rex... then afew months after the wave of f n f it went to 2300 a year ( i didn't get any violations either)..... then i got my hatch and they quoted me 2200 every 6!! my dad even admitted that was bullshit, so he let me go under his for now till i turn 21 and it's only 800 every 6

Back