Brake Pad Suggestions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdehnel

Well, the title pretty much says it all. What do you guys run and how well do they work? I'm getting slotted brembo rotors and new pads for my daily driven 96 Hatch with a turbo B16A2. Bascially I need a good compromise between regular driving and the occasional autocross/100mph blast on the highway.

dont get slotted rotors. The reduced surface area makes braking worse but improved cooling in extreme conditions (basicly only road racing will the extra cooling be needed) Save your money and get brembro Blanks (not slotted or cross drilled) As for pads, right now i have bosch pads in the front (they are horrible, and i paid too much :( ) and in the rear i am about to put a set of EBC greenstuff (kevlar, no dust) pads. I have heard some good reviews from them and i want to try them out.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 23 2003, 09:32 PM
Hawk HPS's. They are fantastic. A little pricey, but worth it IMO.

are those streetable? Also, how is the dust on them, to replace my shitty bosch pads, i am going to go with some ceramic or kevlar pad to control the dust.

My bosch cant stop me and the dust is horrible. In one wheel my wheels go from silver to black.

Yeah, brake dust is something I want to stay away from, so the Green Stuff looks like the right choice for me. Thanks for the help guys.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 23 2003, 09:32 PM
Hawk HPS's. They are fantastic. A little pricey, but worth it IMO.

i agree- i have those and they are sweet. Not much dust, and are really quiet. 49.99 from tirerack.com :)

Damn, $49.99 is way cheaper than I figured. Pads for Wilwood calipers are expensive. :(

im using brembo blanks and hawk HP pads
check out http://www.collettimotorsports.com/
they have very good prices ... excellent service

they also race ITR's (road course) they use brembo blanks and hawk blues (higher opperating temps not very streetable)

tell them Brian from hondaswap or Eric with the ITR del sol sent you :)

colletti is the shit. you WON'T beat their prices on pads or rotors

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 24 2003, 01:28 AM
colletti is the shit. you WON'T beat their prices on pads or rotors

but their site blows nuts. weren't you gonna make a site for somebody in exchange for brake parts or sumpin'? was it them?

I think their site is nice. No Flash, it's small enough to be usable to low bandwidth users. It is fairly well laid out. Not a whole lot of info, but their phone number is plastered everywhere.

just call them... they are very helpful and have a lot of knowledge to share
A+ customer service

Wow, great deals at Colletti. Thanks for the reccomendation guys.

Could someone give me some recommendations on this? I'm a newbie and don't really know much...

I have a V6 LX 1995 Accord, and my brake pads need to be changed front and rear. I was thinking about doing it myself, and was wondering what a good brake pad would be for normal use? I don't race, and mainly drive local, but on the highway drive pretty fast and aggressively. So I definitely don't need any racing pads, especially since how long they last is pretty important to me. But, if they last long, cost isn't too big a deal to me either. So is there any reason for me not to get cheap OEM's? Stock? Or should I go for some aftermarket 3rd party brake pads?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Back