brake problem 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

ok since for some reason my first thread got deleted im gonna start this again. i did a brake conversion on my 92 civic sedan lx, got everything bolted up and tightened down and bled the whole system. after wards it still only had about a quarter pedal feel, it does however seem to be slightly better while driving though (which is weird) but i bled the system, even opened the bleeder screws and let the fluid run through on its own and rebled them and still nothing but a little more that half a pedal full of sponge >.< suggestions and possible solutions please. :D:feedback:

did you bleed them, furthest to closest to master cylinder?

any chance you replaced the master cylinder?

check out the firewall from the inside where the master is at.. if its oily looking, replace master

That's what I was thinking and as far as checking behind the firewall I didnt see anything around the pedal , I did see my clutch had oil leaking out around the gasket so I may need to replace that dunno (suggestions on that ) I did notice it was oily under MC so wiped it down and will see if its leaking because I wasn't sure if it was or if it was from bleeding the brakes and if I do need to get a new MC which one should I get?

if your sticking with your front brakes, get a 15/16 or 3/4 mc, if you plan on getting integra front brakes, maybe you might want to think about getting the 1" mc from an auto 4 door integra, not sure of trim, just make sure its non abs. you need a 40 40 proportioning valve to, from a 91 prelude, 92-95 civic si hatch, or integra. good luck

Ok well which one is which cause looking at auto zone online I know the one I have is a .8xx and one of the integra is .9xx and one is 1.0 however which in is a direct bolt on because I've read that have the bot patterns are slightly different
P.s. sorry for bad writing I'm on my phone right now lol

those are odd sizes,,, but i would guess the 8 is what you have, the 9 is what you need, and the 1 is what you may need. i recommend an integra brake booster, it might be easier if you went to a junk yard, and grabbed the mc and booster off a teg there, you could also get the right prop valve.

From what year though would the 95 sedan work being as that's the the I got the swap from though it had abs but is wasted on my car lol and would I NEED the booster or now cause I know mine is good

Sorry for all the questions just trying to make sure I get the right stuff the first time being as this is already taking quite a bit of time now lol

Last edited:
I've heard that you can damage a master cylinder from pushing the pedal down too far during bleeding. The size of the piston thing makes sense, give it a try. When you see fluid leaking out from under the master cylinder on the brake booster either you spilled fluid filling the master or the master is leaking. Check the booster to make sure fluid didn't leak into it. If you can clean it out, brake fluid is a contaminant, it will damage your booster over time.

Well I just checked around the booster again and wiped it down again since I wasn't sure if I had missed that spot but ill check it again later and I may just get the bigger MC anyways and see if it helps, its weird though because while driving sometimes it feels normal and others it doesn't ... Weird

I'm also going to get a teg booster but which one/ year do I need? I don't think I'm gonna get the 1' MC ill go with the 15/16 or .9xx as autozone has it

well actually just found out i can use a mc from a 91 ex sedan and it bolts up without the whole booster swap and its a 15/16 so ill just go that route lol

well the new MC is in and feels beautiful now sooo much better and alot less spongy (91 ex sedan MC) fummy how am older car has better parts but then again they did build better stuff in the old days lol

Back