Brake upgrades

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eml1618

Redoing my front brakes and need some advice on what would be the best set up for street/mild track.

I was thinking getting some Brembo blanks(or even Xdrilled or slotted)/axxis or hawk pads.

Or is there something better (that wouldn't cost me my left nut) that would be better?

Thanks...

my vote goes to brembo blanks (no need for slotted or drilled, even on heavy track use) then get yourself some hawk hp+ pads and you're set. personally i use cheap ass $20 autozone blanks and ferodo brake pads (similar to the hawk hp+, hawk doesn't make pads for the del sol vtec :( ) and i use the car for daily driving and hpde's once a month. i used the hawk hp+ on my old car, great pads. other pads to check out are carbotech, ferodo, and cobalt.

brembo blanks
hawk HP+ pads
ATE superblue fluid

:thumbsup:

car isnt quite a daily driver, but sees a lot of street use, and gets tracked about once a month durring the non-winter months :)

I got the Blanks and the HP+'s on with the superblue in the lines...they squeel like a bitch...I did the break in correctly on both...

Is this just something I'm going to have to deal with? Any one else running this set up have squeeling issues?

Note: I've drove them about 400 miles so far (150 on highway) and they still squeel right after light pressure and before hard pressure is applied (like coming to a regular stop at a stop sign or light)...Thanks guys...

Edit: One thing I didn't do is use any kind of brake lube for where the contact points are at the backs of the pads...could this be why they're squeeling?

yup thats how the HP+ are .... they squeel a lot (its just the way agressive pads are)

the anti-squeel jiz on the back of the pads might help ... dunno

Cool, just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything wrong. Thanks!

Back