brian wants a new car

help me decide- READ POST FIRST

• BMW 330xi sport package

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW 325xi xenon pack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
welp, come late summer early fall, I'm going to be looking for a new car.

I want an AWD, daily driver to get me around through winter, and well, just to drive. I have 0 intentions to hook it up. I will already have 2 cars for that at this point. i just want something to leave stock- but at the same time, won't leave me bored or annoyed driving it.

At the top of my list right now is an off-lease 99-01 audi S4 6 speed 2.7TT.

Stock-0058-b007.jpg

1078659875949_DSC00061__Small_.JPG

They are going for about 20-25k on ebay with 40-60k miles. perfect. thats what i want to spend, and 40k is nothing. awd, turbos, and a 6 speed. i think i'll be more than happy leaving it stock with 250 hp going to all 4 wheels. if not, a simple chip upgrade will put me into the low 300's. and that will be perfect for me for an every day car.
4-doors, classy, can take it to a meeting or something, and still be the first one to get home. :)

#2 is a same-year range BMW 330xi sport package 5-speed 3.0L.

b6_1_s.JPG

These are running 5-7k more than the S4's are, have less horsepower, and are all motor. that, and most of these i'm finding are automatics. I WILL NOT drive an auto. i hate it. so the chances of finding one with a stick in my price range is going to be slim, but definitly possible.

#3 - 325xi - basically a step down from the 330. it doesn't do it for me for some reason... maybe it would look better in person.

280646_6.jpg

TT quatro crossed my mind- but its just too damn small. I want something a little roomier.

wrx, evo, all-tracs, are just not what i'm looking for. i want something nice to drive- not a tuner car.

werd to teh S4. those are sexy bitches.

330 hands down. it's a bimmer, it's got class. it looks tits. stright up nice as fuck. the audi is just a 'lil blah to me. and i'm with you where the 325 just dosen't do it.

A little paint and some wheels to customize the S4 would be pimpin. Keep it classy and clean. Way better value IMHO.

S4 all the way. audis have just as much class as Bimmers, and it has 2snails, so you have nothing to complain about.

just finish the sol first, thats the only stipulation

The S4 0wnz j00, B. The bimmers are nice, but the Audi is a great all around pimp car.

My parents had a yellow '01 S4, and it was hands down the best car they have owned. I really wish they still had it, it was so much fun to drive. My vote is for the S4, but I have only driven the S4 and the 330i not the xi, so I really cannot compare that much.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 2 2004, 01:46 AM
wrx, evo, all-tracs, are just not what i'm looking for. i want something nice to drive- not a tuner car.

Was that statement aimed at me? Besides, mine's paid for, bitch! :)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Apr 2 2004, 08:02 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 2 2004, 01:46 AM

Was that statement aimed at me? Besides, mine's paid for, bitch! :)

naw, its just that to me, it falls in the same category- something i'd end up building up. its more of a sports car than a "sports sedan" i guess you could say. I'm just tired of having to build a car to actually like it. I want something stock that isn't loud, rides nice, 4 door, and pimp and might get me laid. lol

Back