Build Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
On the engine stand after getting the bottom end together.
s3e715ed1638b6.jpg

A closer veiw and a good shot of the clean bore.
s3e715f43bb6f4.jpg

A top veiw, these pistons are beautiful.
s3e715f338d0e6.jpg

Getting ready to clay the engine.
s3e715e7254715.jpg

The head on the block, not rockers or cams. Mmmm Skunk2 Valve Train.
s3e715e95d41c4.jpg

After turning the engine over. All kinds of clearance. I didn't have access to a compressor so I checked clearances on the small cam, then measured the largest difference in lift between high and low. Then I made sure I had a little more clearance than that difference.
s3e715ea901e37.jpg

On the engine stand, but almost ready to go into the car.
s3e715e068f7d4.jpg

Intake side of the engine
s3e715deb9e234.jpg

Distributor side
s3e715dc90936d.jpg

It's ready to go in the car.
s3e715d81aa586.jpg

Finally the exhaust side on the hoist.
s3e715d5b4d929.jpg

The car is running well. I need to adjust the TPS a little more. I will do that tomorrow when I have a little light to work by. It seems the speedo cable came off the gauge pod during the reassembly so that needs to be reconnected, but the car is running great.

Start saving your pennies and you too can blow your savings on your car. :) After driving it some tonight, I think it has been well worth the cost and the effort.

I think I forgot one.
The Koni Yellows with H&R race springs that went on.
s3e715ebc37995.jpg

simply beautiful man! good job :thumbsup:
those roller wave pistons? if so, what CR you runnin in there?

Thanks. :)

They are roller waves. They are setup for 11.5:1 LS bottom end at 81.5mm with a B16 head.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 13 2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks. :)

They are roller waves. They are setup for 11.5:1 LS bottom end at 81.5mm with a B16 head.

nice, that bitch will haul :)
throw her on a dyno when its all broken in, i'd like to see her numbers :)

I am saving for a Hondata next. As soon as that happens I will dyno it. Hopefully by the end of this year as there are no dynos anywhere close to me.

Very nice. That's the best that Wally world could do on scanning pictures in? They look kinda grainy. :(

You should make damn good power on that setup! I watched a guy make 190/130 to the wheels today. This was his build:

B18C1
Skunk2 valvetrain
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams
Skunk2 intake manifold
AEM cam gears
AEM CAI
Comptech 4-2-1 header
Greddy Power Extreme exhaust
Hondata

All stock bottom end!!!

I'll post a scan of his dyno sheet as soon as I buy a scanner (hopefully tomorrow). He's 57one on H-T... I talked to him about his setup while we were there.

Eric- hopefully you can make a lot more power than him, since you've got that extra bit of stroke and higher compression.

what happens if your tps isn't adjusted correctly? what should the voltage read at closed throttle? what should it read at WOT?

Yeah, the picture quality was pretty sad. That was the best they said they could do. And on top of that they made me buy a set of prints to get the CD. I need to find another place to develop pics.

As for the TPS, if you read the voltage on the Red/Blue (should be in the center) wire by attaching one lead of a volt meter to it and the other to a ground (chassis works) it should read .5 volts closed and 4.5 WOT. All that from : https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&#entry78589 .

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 14 2003, 12:11 AM
You should make damn good power on that setup! I watched a guy make 190/130 to the wheels today. This was his build:

B18C1
Skunk2 valvetrain
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams
Skunk2 intake manifold
AEM cam gears
AEM CAI
Comptech 4-2-1 header
Hondata

All stock bottom end!!!

I'll post a scan of his dyno sheet as soon as I buy a scanner (hopefully tomorrow). He's 57one on H-T... I talked to him about his setup while we were there.

Eric- hopefully you can make a lot more power than him, since you've got that extra bit of stroke and higher compression.

I would be quite pleased with those numbers. The only differences between his setup and mine are the built bottom end, the extra stroke, and cams. I am running ITR. Then he has a Hondata. I imagine I could work out those numbers if I could afford a Hondata. Saving for that could take a while as I am in school because I want the full setup. Then I have to go find a dyno, there isn't one in the area.

Power aside, I am most excited about the car running so much better than it did. I haven't revved it out yet (obviously) so I can't say the blowby is gone (but I suspect so). The key differences are: no idle bounce (it used to bounce between 750 and 2500) and I am not throwing extra fuel out the exhaust.

I want to thank everyone on Hondaswap for answers to various questions throughout this process, you all have been very helpful. :)

Nice. I'm sure you could make numbers close to that with a VAFC, given some good time on the dyno and some luck. :)

I'm going to guess your power output at something like... 175-180whp. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 14 2003, 02:11 AM
Very nice.  That's the best that Wally world could do on scanning pictures in?  They look kinda grainy.  :(

You should make damn good power on that setup!  I watched a guy make 190/130 to the wheels today.  This was his build:

B18C1
Skunk2 valvetrain
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams
Skunk2 intake manifold
AEM cam gears
AEM CAI
Comptech 4-2-1 header
Hondata

All stock bottom end!!!

I'll post a scan of his dyno sheet as soon as I buy a scanner (hopefully tomorrow).  He's 57one on H-T... I talked to him about his setup while we were there.  

That's it : a C/C1 is going into the sol! He would to better if he had more agressive cams, tho.
Add some Endyn roller waves and Eagle rods :worthy:

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Mar 14 2003, 12:40 PM
He would to better if he had more agressive cams, tho.
Add some Endyn roller waves and Eagle rods :worthy:

Very true. VTEC was still loud as hell when it kicked in though! I'll scan the dyno chart when I can get around to it.

Originally posted by pjecthatch@Mar 14 2003, 11:27 AM
dude sweet pics. how long did it take you to do the build?

To build the engine, it took me about a day and a half to clay it, plastigauge it, and completely assemble it. I took my time and did everything by Helms manual.

1000 miles seems like forever from now, I can't wait to be able to open her up.

Back