burning oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

I have an issue with my 91 si burning oil...its swapped with a b18c and I'm burning abt a quart of oil roughly every 700 to 800 miles...also I'm not heavy on the pedal but I do accelerate sometimes( not being sarcastic) any help would b appreciated...

yea not saying this guy did, but i love to see guys rev their hondas 9-9.5k and wonder y it smokes on the daily

When I purchased the car it had already had the swap done and burns same amount of oil...and I don't rev to 9-9.5 lol...I see idiots doing it tho and I just lmao...so u believe its rings???and whays will a compression test fully tell me???

When I purchased the car it had already had the swap done and burns same amount of oil...and I don't rev to 9-9.5 lol...I see idiots doing it tho and I just lmao...so u believe its rings???and whays will a compression test fully tell me???

compression test will tell you yes, Id honestly if you have another DD id take it as an opportunity to break the engine down and replace everything, rings, seals, gaskets, etc, thats just me, or just put whatever nasty oil honey you can in it to get it to stop smoking and sell it to some kid

It could vary greatly. Depends on if you're doing the work yourself, and i assume you are not, otherwise you would probably of just added up the price of parts on your own. So since the motor has to be competely tore down and rebuilt basically, we're talking some serious cheddar.

orrrr grow a pair of balls and call up some buddies and do it yourself

Back