Buttom end specs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

408Projects

JDM- Project Eg6
You think i will throw a rod since i have my redline at 9200 in a stock b18c1? I've been racing it like that. will it after awhile get rod knock? or what do you think will happen??? :feedback:

your motor stops making torque at ~7800rpm. it's pointless to rev out higher. unless your gears are really long, you should be hitting the rpm at 5000+ in the next gear and that's well within the good stock powerband.

not only is reving it that high harmful, it's pointless.

what are you using to do this? air/fuel controllers aka vafc's are outdated and typically hurt performance, fyi.

Nah im using my ecu from my built b20 vtec turbo. yeah well i still feel power until like 9350-9500 like before that the car is still pulling hard and then you can feel the power lose around above posted rpms. other then that its pulling i just dont want to blow my buttom end. it keeps pulling and theres still power at 9200 rpms. i dont understand why people say its not pulling when it is. i just want to know if it was safe but its not. so thanks for you help guys.

Dyno proven power or butt dyno proven power? I'm fairly sure it's just a rectal guess...

You think i will throw a rod since i have my redline at 9200 in a stock b18c1? I've been racing it like that. will it after awhile get rod knock? or what do you think will happen??? :feedback:
Are you a fucking idiot, or what? Why did you even post this? I've personally told you twice now that you're going to fuck up your motor if you keep doing this, and other people agreed with me. How fucking dense are you?

Nah im using my ecu from my built b20 vtec turbo. yeah well i still feel power until like 9350-9500 like before that the car is still pulling hard and then you can feel the power lose around above posted rpms. other then that its pulling i just dont want to blow my buttom end. it keeps pulling and theres still power at 9200 rpms. i dont understand why people say its not pulling when it is. i just want to know if it was safe but its not. so thanks for you help guys.

When we say that it's not making any more power up there we don't mean that the power just completely drops off, we just mean that the engine's already peaked. There's no point in revving that high because you're not going to make any ADDITIONAL POWER up there, and you're just going to fuck up the engine. There's no point in shifting that high, just shift when you're supposed to...

Yes exactly what brutal said. Once your motor has peaked, you want to start the climb again. The ONLY reason to out rev like that is if your going to land too low in the next gear as is the case with H22s, but your not going to have that issue with a B-series.

Since you don't want to stop reving out that far, do yourself a favor and go buy springs, retainers, valve guides, and valves so it can properly handle it... not that it would make you any faster since you would still be using stock cams.

Is it just me, or has there been a very big wave noobs like this in the last month?

Please continue to do what you are doing, your motor will explode, and you will be off the streets for at least a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back