Camber Kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
OK, In about less than a week I'm gonna be ordering suspension bits.
Eibach sport springs w/ KYB AGX's and Skunk2 front Camber kit.

my last Q is do I need a camber kit for the rear wheels on a 91 CRX DX ???

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 1 2002, 11:06 AM
OK, In about less than a week I'm gonna be ordering suspension bits.
Eibach sport springs w/ KYB AGX's and Skunk2 front Camber kit.

my last Q is do I need a camber kit for the rear wheels on a 91 CRX DX ???

There's a more inexpensive method of adjusting the camber. It's called washers. Oh and for your parts, I hope you try me first.!

J:
you carry KYB and eibach ??

I thought that the CRX had non adjustable camber.
so I assumed I'd need a camber kit all around.
if it can be done with washers as spacers well
I'll be damned.

The front needs a camber kit- he's saying that you should use washers in the back instead of buying a kit. I doubt that he'd have a problem with you buying a rear kit from him though. :D

so that clears things up.
front needs a kit, rear can be adjusted.

you learn somethin everyday

now here's a kicker, are all hondas made this way. non-adjustable front, adjustable rear ??

Technically- they're both non-adjustable from the factory. The rears are just bolted in with a bracket that's flat against the unibody's sheet metal (metal is vertical), so you can ghetto-shim it out a little bit. The front isn't mounted that way- the mounts are bolted to a horizontal piece of metal... so adding washers would only push the pivot point down. That won't do a damn thing for your camber.

You can only shimm the back soo much though untill you have like no threads holding it on!

B
you don't think I'll need a camber kit for the front at least.
I'm looking at the sport line springs, 1.7"F/1.5"R

i wouldnt bother dude. save th emoney jsut rotate your tires more than you would and you will still get decent life out of them. besides, you don't drive too hard, as its your daily driver more than a race car at this point, ya know?

2.5" maybe, 3 you should 4, ehhh tires are tires or 5 lke me, fuck tires - camber is good :)

knowledge- That's why you get longer bolts. ;)

Brian- I didn't have any camber wear problems until I got a decent amount of power. I was running -1.8 and had even wear- as soon as I swapped the engine, everything went to hell. Same happened with my old roommate- before the turbo he was running -1.7, now with the SR20DET setup, he scrubs the hell out of everything at -1.3.

If you have power, get the camber kit.

If you don't have much power, don't worry too much about it.

If you end up with -2.0 or worse camber, fix it no matter what!

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 2 2002, 09:11 AM
If you end up with -2.0 or worse camber, fix it no matter what!

See this is why I figure why not get a camber kit and save my self the hassel of having to take shit appart a second time when I can put the camber kit and springs/shocks in at the same time.

Knowledge , you say to get longer bolts for the rear, you wouldn't happen to know what size I need off hand would ya ?

Originally posted by knowledge@Oct 2 2002, 01:50 AM
You can only shimm the back soo much though untill you have like no threads holding it on!

i did this camber trick with my car, get a 50mm long bolt of same pitch and thread from your friendly ace hardware store, you'll have no worries :)

i have a crx with eibach sportline springs, no camber kits...front is -3, back is -1 (within factory spec). drop is 1.75 fnt, 1.5 rear. yea, i know...i need a kit for the front.

rixXxceboy: Ty for the info
so I pretty much just need to worry abou tthe front.

yep :) but i dont mind the -3 camber. its barely visible, though i imagine if i had 185 or wider tires, i'd be running my tread down faster. right now i just have 175/13's and the tread wear seems pretty even. i will post a pic of the front camber in a bit. gotta go take it first :)

-3 degrees is very visible. Any tire with a semi square shoulder will disentigrate on a car with a little power and that kind of camber.

here is a pic of my car....
fd354151.jpg

here is another pic of it...this one shows the camber on level ground
fd353fac.jpg

BY THE WAY...do u guys like it better with the white on the bottom or the black??? i cant decide. that white is just white automotive graphics vinyl which i put on myself (got it for free). right now it is black.

Back