Can U Hook Me Up With A Motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Archie726

Do u know where i can get a cheap complete swap motor for my 97 Hatchback. I am looking for B-series engines. Which one is mostly recommended? People tells me that SirRII is the most recommended swap for mah hatch. I am confused on which one to get, I already have the money for the swap but Im still deciding on what engine I should get. And I need to get a hooked up because there trying to sell me a USDM B16a2 complete swap for $2000.00. and the local racing shop told me i can get a lower price than that.

2k for a complete swap, that sounds pretty damn good to me. cheapest i have seen is 2350 for jdm.

Originally posted by Archie726@Mar 6 2003, 04:00 AM
? People tells me that SirRII is the most recommended swap for mah hatch. I am confused on which one to get, I already have the money for the swap but Im still deciding on what engine I should get. And I need to get a hooked up because there trying to sell me a USDM B16a2 complete swap for $2000.00. and the local racing shop told me i can get a lower price than that.

The siRII isn't recommended for yours because it is OBD I and your car is OBD II,get the USDM B16A2.That is a good price.

i agree, that is pretty cheap for a b16a2, if you can get that motor for a price like that, i dont see why you should'nt get that motor.

If you're talking about parts and labor for $2000, I would say be careful what you're getting yourself into cuz it might be a B16A1.
For a B16A2, it depends on who you ask and where you live. I think $2k for a complete changeover is a deal. Taking into considersation the average shop charges you about $600-750 to install it, you're in pretty good shape. The B16 swap should run you less than $3000.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 6 2003, 04:13 AM
If you're talking about parts and labor for $2000, I would say be careful what you're getting yourself into cuz it might be a B16A1.

Pretty hard to pass off a siR for a B16A2,since it says B16A2 on the block.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 5 2003, 07:16 PM-->
@Mar 6 2003, 04:13 AM

you know what i mean. The guy tells you it's a B16 on the phone and when you go to the shop it slips your mind and you're thinking it's obvious that he'll give you a A2 but you never know. I've heard of that happening to someone before.

nothing worng with getting an obd1 motor if your state allows it, and also most shops by me charge like $600 for labor and wouldn't want to do an obd1 into an obd2 car because it would be a lot more work

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 5 2003, 10:16 PM-->
@Mar 6 2003, 04:13 AM

Where are the engine codes on the block? By the intake/exhaust manifold, cam gears? I really have no idea. I've seen ITR's on sale that I cant even really look at because I dont know if they're trying to pass off a gsr or something. As soon as I know where to find the code, I can shop for ITR's again. :D

Originally posted by preluderjs@Mar 8 2003, 01:55 AM
Where are the engine codes on the block? By the intake/exhaust manifold, cam gears? I really have no idea.

The motor code is here (in the green)

s3e69496f156b6.jpg

lol your holding off buying an ITR motor because you don't known where to find the engine code? are you serious? It takes a mere 25 seconds to find the engine code, even if you don't know where it is. The only danger is ordering a motor from far away, as you won't be able to see it first.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Mar 8 2003, 02:09 AM
lol your holding off buying an ITR motor because you don't known where to find the engine code? are you serious? It takes a mere 25 seconds to find the engine code, even if you don't know where it is. The only danger is ordering a motor from far away, as you won't be able to see it first.

No, not an ITR motor, actual USDM ITR's, the whole car. I've looked before and couldnt find it and had no idea. What do you expect?

Originally posted by preluderjs+Mar 9 2003, 03:56 AM-->
liquid00meth
@Mar 8 2003, 02:09 AM

No, not an ITR motor, actual USDM ITR's, the whole car. I've looked before and couldnt find it and had no idea. What do you expect?

Don't sweat him,there was a time when no one here knew what a ITR was,so keep on truckin'.

Yea, can somebody fill me in on why the hell a shop would put a B16A1 (or 1st gen B16A) in instead of a B16A2?
B16A2's are cheap, OBD 2, and hydro tranny. If I were to sneak in a first gen B16A then I would be making a much bigger pain in my ass and be charging you 2k for a 3-4k job.
If you can get a B16A2 for 2k, go for it.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 9 2003, 12:53 PM
Yea, can somebody fill me in on why the hell a shop would put a B16A1 (or 1st gen B16A) in instead of a B16A2?
B16A2's are cheap, OBD 2, and hydro tranny. If I were to sneak in a first gen B16A then I would be making a much bigger pain in my ass and be charging you 2k for a 3-4k job.
If you can get a B16A2 for 2k, go for it.

FYI...you can mate a first-gen B16 with a hydro tranny. If you do this it comes out cheaper than getting a B16A2 swap.

1) B16A1 complete changover = $1000-1400
2) hydro tranny = under $500
3) 1+2 = cheap B16 swap

B16A2 swap averages around +/- $3000, depending on: 1.) if it's a hook up 2.) what part of the country you're in 3.) if it's a JDM or USDM motor

yeah your forgeting distributor thats another 150 .

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 11 2003, 08:41 PM
yeah your forgeting distributor thats another 150 .

What about injectors,alternator and isn't the speed senor different,also they would still need to get a OBD I ECU.

Back