car don't start AGAIN!!! --__--

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiajiexue

after i change the the fuel pump, car dead on the freeway while i was driving.
take 15 mins to start back up again, then died again right in front of my house.
i change distributor cap rotor, spark plug wire spark plug couple weeks ago, what else could be wrong, stay online waiting for you guy's advise!!!!
thanks so much

i just change the the WHOLE distributor today. still couldnt fire up, before i change the distributor, my friend tested and said i dont get any spark?
what else coudl be wrong?

which grounds you talking about???? i heard my main relay operated when i turn the key on, still could be that?
i mean could it be the starter? it;s cranking tho!

the ground wires running from your engine to your chassis. There is one running from the valve cover, and another 1 or 2 coming from around the starter. Are you sure your main relay is good? check for fuel pressure.

see if a friend has one you can borrow to test it out.. that way if its not the problem, you dont waste the money on something you dont need..

heat is known to accelerate the failure of the main relay. When mine started to go bad, the car would just crank and crank after i drove the car for awhile, turned it off, then tried to restart it after a few min. Eventually the car wouldnt start because the relay quit entirely. Check to see if you are getting fuel pressure (an easy way to check is to loosten the bolt on the fuel line going into the filter. Try to crank the car, but only for a second. If you have fuel pressure, then gas will squirt out of the loostened fitting. If you have fuel pressure, diagnose spark delivery, if not, pull the main relay, and use a jumper wire between the pin 5 and 7 on the connector. Again, do the fuel pressure test i highlighted earlier. If there IS fuel pressure, then its the relay thats bad, if there still isnt pressure, the fuel pump may be toast.

IDK if a bad relay will cause the car to die while driving. That never happened to me though.

yeah, mines deads on the freeway while i was driving , and then took me 15 mins to start back up, and then dead again right in front of my house , like idel drop to dead. couldnt start afterwards

main relay or fuel pump relay may be going bad.

so there are really two relay!! one is main relay, one is fuel pump relay

Back