Car Of The Week

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3480/ Best car I have ever seen on speedoptions yet. So so cool compared to the usual riced out stuff on there.

pic04.jpg

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

bah- he's sponsored by everyone. almost as bad as daddy's wallet buying it. 0 respect from me.

hmmm that car looks exactly like this guy from Hybrid who lives like 25 minutes from me... his name is Eric Chen, he used to have a single cam turbo civic... then he got a REAL USDM Type R... and did basically everything that this guy paulo did to his 96 integra...

only difference with Eric was that he's rich as fuck!!! i dont know much about ayone from Team Showcase but i do know a few from the team...

hey B, where does it say he is sponsored? you never know he might have spent everything out of his pocket like my boy eric

SPECIAL THANKS*

TEAM SHOWCASE (thanks guys!)
Steve (you know who you are)
Tony@ Tein
Casey@ APR
Mike@ Yokohama
Sheng & Huey@ JDMHONDAPARTS
Kent@ EndlessUSA
Mike@ Speedoptions
PJ@ PJ Bonifacio motorsports
My family for their love and support
Last but not least, my girlfriend JAE, Love you baby!

you don't do that if they didn't hook you up.

His car is sick, it's privately owned. And that could just mean the guy has serious connections, I don't see big Tein and JDMHONDAPARTS stickers all over the rig.

I give him props, your like a cynical old man sol. lol. Next time I read a post of yours about how Jason from ALLJDM hooked you up with a deal or something, I'm going to break out the torch on the thread. :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 4 2003, 07:57 PM
bah- he's sponsored by everyone. almost as bad as daddy's wallet buying it. 0 respect from me.

So what? It takes a lot of work to get to those sponsorships too. People don't just give you stuff because you ask for it. You have to earn it.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :werd: I just posted this because its a beautiful integra, and the engine is actually the exact same as I had made a list to build the type r I am saving for.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Spoon Built ITR - $60,000
day at the drag park- $75
getting owned by a gsr turbo hatch built on 1/4'th the money - priceless

day at the road course- $175
getting owned by a del sol with an ITR motor built on 1/4th the money - priceless

I dont care what sol says. I LOve that car and i dont care if its sponsered or not, it damn cool. its about the cleanest integra i have seen in a while. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 4 2003, 09:20 PM
SPECIAL THANKS*

TEAM SHOWCASE (thanks guys!)
Steve (you know who you are)
Tony@ Tein
Casey@ APR
Mike@ Yokohama
Sheng & Huey@ JDMHONDAPARTS
Kent@ EndlessUSA
Mike@ Speedoptions
PJ@ PJ Bonifacio motorsports
My family for their love and support
Last but not least, my girlfriend JAE, Love you baby!

you don't do that if they didn't hook you up.

lol thats tru tho.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 5 2003, 12:23 AM
day at the drag park- $75
getting owned by a gsr turbo hatch built on 1/4'th the money - priceless

day at the road course- $175
getting owned by a del sol with an ITR motor built on 1/4th the money - priceless

Turbo GSR hatch - 60,000 divided by 5

Spoon Built ITR performance mod life expectancy - reliable performance for the life of the car.
Turbo GSR performance mod life expectancy - life of the car divided by 5

Sponsors are nice and they dont just drop you shit. You have to build it and get respect before anyone gives you anything. Same thing with show trucks, you can't call up Alter Images or MIC and says.. "i wanna build a truck, wanna help?" You have to build your name/rep up.

I give him props b/c he gets to pick what he wants to go on the car and he obviously has taste.

yeah, just cause he has hook ups doesnt NECESSARILY mean he is sponsored... he could have a BOMB ASS JOB that pay's very very well...

hell he could have the same job as my mom does, you never really know... i could thank a whole SHIT LOAD of people when it comes to my cars, they could also just be people he know's through the team...

shit i know pj @ pj bonifacio paint & autobody, erwin @ carisma, chucky @ showstoppers, erick@ericks racing, rich, eddie, taren, bisi and mike from RS machining, and the list goes on and on, i give him props cause i know in fact he spent alot of cash on the car, there's no way he got half that shit for free

it is a dope ass ride, i'd definitely roll it [subtract the system, just give me a cd Deck and im happy lol ]

:lol: :lol:

I don't see the big deal in sponsors...thats a part of the business and a smart thing to do if you're a big player in the game of speed. ...if you're not sponsored mommy and daddy or yourself better have a deep pocketbook.

Its a sick car. Personally I'd rather have seen the same seen done on a hatch or Sol rather than a teg but thats just my biast.

its bullshit though.

look at mike/earl laskey. they built OUT OF POCKET a 9 sec CRX. they have 0 major sponsors.
its all about show.

rice > performance

its a sad world

How is it bull shit though?

Looks are everything to people that aren't into the extreme envy of 4 banger. They like flashy stuff that catches the eye of the beholder, and yeah that sells, so why not sell it?

Other note, The car kicks some major ass, plain and simple, in and out, a clean and fast car. IMO best type r I have seen in a while online.

He could have poured every penny he had in to the car but you never know. YOu just got to acknowledge how beaute the car is.

Back