Carbon Fiber question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eml1618

Does anyone know how carbon fiber hoods/seats/etc...are formed?

My guess is it is like fiberglass where there is a fabric and then you use a resin to harden it but I thought i saw some where that huge ovens that used very high temperatures were used (maybe in making of the the carbon fiber fabric?) Thanks!

there are two metods of cfn1dry clothe plus a resin
2 a pre impregnated cloth that is laid out and heated to harden it

go to kazaa and type 'mclaren' in the video section. look for a big file and DL it. they show how they build the McLarens by hand almost completely with carbon fiber and gold plate the engine firewall! then the guy goes and test drives it and almost shits his pants! its pretty F'n cool. i'd recommend that vid to any car enthusiast.

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA@Mar 31 2004, 10:53 PM
go to kazaa and type 'mclaren' in the video section. look for a big file and DL it. they show how they build the McLarens by hand almost completely with carbon fiber and gold plate the engine firewall! then the guy goes and test drives it and almost shits his pants! its pretty F'n cool. i'd recommend that vid to any car enthusiast.

Do you happen to have this vid? I looked and didnt find it.

no i dont have it anymore :( but people on kazaa do. you just have to keep searching until it comes up. i know its there cause ive DL it twice. try for a few days if you have to, you'll get it i promise. im not sure of the actual file size but its at least a 5 min video and not a vid of a mclaren vs something. its cool.. i want to watch it :-(

Back