carbon fiber work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

My buddy gave me a power chamber air intake like this one but it is made if plastic. How hard would it be to make one out of carbon fiber? I dont know what brand it is but it fits my EF.Who ever had it before it looks like they cut it with a die grinder but then stopped.I was thinking about cuting it in half long ways and using it as a mold. Does this sound possible and worth the time?I just got laid off and have alot of time on my hands.

Attachments

• pwjdm%20civ_int%20cf%20intake.jpg
    pwjdm%20civ_int%20cf%20intake.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 158
If it's anything like working with fiberglass, it's fully possible. Whether or not it's worth the time is up to you.

Well, ya could make a mold out of a few diffrent things and make a nice intake! freind and I made a 2 peae Cold air for his eclipse out of Fiberglass, just need to get a good mold down... we used sadly a peace of cvc pipe and slid the Fiberglass of it lmao

whale penis ftw!

if you have time on your hands just make one out of 3'' tubing and make some bends. I guess you could mold one but it would take longer.

i would just buy one that has been tested and dyno proven to make good hp gains

Back