Carburetors, bitches!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

09-07-05_2210.jpg

arrrr harharhar

...this shit better work. :ph34r:

They have chrome covers, which will allow for much higher CFM's, and at least 40hp......

No, seriously, hes putting them on his Z.

Moral of the story:

EFI is great when it works. When your wiring looks like a victim of freddy krueger, it's time to take the simpler approach.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 8 2005, 08:15 PM
Moral of the story:

EFI is great when it works. When your wiring looks like a victim of freddy krueger, it's time to take the simpler approach.
[post=551658]Quoted post[/post]​

try to tune 3 side draft webers and you will think differently about the "simple approach"

Tuning 3 ? Clayton had to learn on 4 DGVs. Beat that.

I learned how to tune them at the Shop (Ferrari shop) try tuning 12 overheads.

I learned how, but getting it right takes mastery. But with the vacuum gauge you should be all set to get it to run correctly.

09-08-05_1938.jpg

it's "attached" to the head. Now I just need to make the linkage work, run the lines, and figure out wtf's up with these mechanical chokes. :p

SOooOoooo.. Here's the big question...

Was it easier and cheaper to source two carbs, an IM, gaskets, hook up the linkage, tune them, and get em running than it would have been to buy a painless wiring kit and re-wire the car?

Too late now! ah well, keep us updated.. Cause you know we dont care.. :D

wires

:ph34r:

I did the EFI swap...and it was a bitch...many days to just get the wires done...ask B. And there are still some wires that are not even hooked up in my Z :(

Exactly. wiring is a bitch even when it's all there. I've got fuckin' wires missing, cut where they shouldn't be, attached elsewhere. It's a mess.

So far I have less than 300 bucks into everything for the carbs.

And Clayton, do you know if these downdrafts are supposed to run a return line? cause I only see 2 fittings on this thing: fuel inlet and vacuum advance.

if the bowl needles are good...you dont need a return

I can't remember if mine had one or not.

These better be good. They were rebuilt a week and a half ago by a weber guy.

Here's another one: Do I have to hook the vacuum advance up to one of the carbs, or can it be hooked up to the balance tube?

Back