cart 7/10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
not sure if im going.

ive got a wedding to attend on saturday, plus the car is running weird. ive tried 2 different o2 sensors and it wont stop throwing a code for it. ive also gotta replace my bosch plugs with denso ones, since the plugs look like shit and are causing misfires. weird stuff. :ph34r:

on a better note, thanks to those who said to run a thicker oil. switching from 5w30 to 10w40 isnt producing nearly as much smoke and its not burning much at all. :)

toss those bosh POS's. god i hate bosch spark plugs.... lol

the cat is a good idea.

drop the exhaust manifold back (assuming your o2 is upstream of the cat), reset the ecu, and drive around... see if it comes on.

as for the event....

<bobs>I doubt it</bobs>

got a lot of crap going on, havne't touched the hatch in two weeks.... and hell, i may not even own it any more on the 10th...

im not sure if its the cat since the car doesnt stink, and it was brand new 2 years ago. but 25k miles... ill give it a look-see. ive also got a secondary o2 sensor after the cat, who knows if thats working, but the a/f gauge is hooked up to the primary.

why not disconnect the a/f gauge? Maybe its getting pissed off...

And one way you can check the cat is by taking a laser temp gun... If you have a slight temp drop from before to after the cat, its fine... if you have a 100 degree difference, the cat is fubar'd.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2005, 05:19 PM
a/f guage... christ. when will you people learn....
[post=521785]Quoted post[/post]​

30k daily driven rally inspired car... christ. when will you people learn....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 7 2005, 03:30 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 7 2005, 12:49 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jul 6 2005, 05:19 PM
a/f guage... christ. when will you people learn....
[post=521785]Quoted post[/post]​

30k daily driven rally inspired car... christ. when will you people learn....
[post=521949]Quoted post[/post]​

edit... its not worth it
[post=522243]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r: just post it!

i like the blinky light. if not at all useless, it shows the o2 sensor IS working. :p

took the sti today... in AS. got my ass kicked :( i think i ended up in 7th place out of like 9... we'll see once the results get posted.

kept rolling over my front tires. the re070's weren't doing me so well. i miss the azenis :(

all in all, i had fun... but i think im going back to the hatch back. i seriously think i'm faster with it. maybe the car is slower over all, but i feel like i am giving it all it will do.

IMO, time isn't too important- its about driving and getting better at it. we'll see.

an AFM gauge CAN have a Parasitic effect. Since I hooked up my autometer I've been getting richness as well. It seems the gauge drops the voltage by maybe .1 to .15 volts, which is enough to screw the pooch. I can't imagine your gauge (At a lower end offering) is doing any better.

Come to think of it, anyone running the Autometer AFM and NOT having problems ?

mine isnt on all the time remember, its hooked up to an on/off rocker switch :)

its also powered by the battery. you really think it pulls that much voltage? its not an autometer, its a sunpro.

Back