Changing vtec on Pr3 mugen chip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms


Senior Member
The vtec hits at 4400 and is annoying when driving around 75 on the freeway, i go in and out of vtec. Is the only way to change the vtec point is to get a vafc?

Is there a specific point to set the vtec for max power?

Im also considering converting to obd1 and going hondata.

I currently run a b16 with bolt ons and stage2 cams.


Mad scientist
If you're chipped, you can have the program read, changed, then burned back to a new chip. You can also get a VAFC and raise the VTEC point- just remember that your fuel maps do NOT change when you move VTEC, so you'll have to get the car tuned somewhere to match.