Cheap Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

what would be a good yet cheap turbo kit for a d16z6 motor

greedy makes a good kit but turbo is never really cheap. Or you can look at custom kit using turbos from other cars like mitsus or Volvo

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 31 2003, 03:23 PM
greedy makes a good kit but turbo is never really cheap. Or you can look at custom kit using turbos from other cars like mitsus or Volvo

I agree with the GReddy. They have high quality parts and it comes complete.

Just bolt it up and you're ready to go.

Make sure to get the things that don't come with it though.. i.e. turbo timer, boost metet...

Anything that cost two months rent is not cheap :D

I usually stay out of this forum because there are many people that know much more than I do about boost. But, one thing I have learned is that "good" and "cheap" can't go in the same sentence when you are talking aobut turbo kits.

Originally posted by Hexen+Jan 31 2003, 03:26 PM-->
asmallsol
@Jan 31 2003, 03:23 PM

I agree with the GReddy. They have high quality parts and it comes complete.

Just bolt it up and you're ready to go.

Make sure to get the things that don't come with it though.. i.e. turbo timer, boost metet...

not intercooler.....ull hav to buy one seperate for greddy...but otherwise i hear good things about them..

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 31 2003, 10:15 AM
what would be a good yet cheap turbo kit for a d16z6 motor

Greddy kit is 2k for the z6.

Here is just the main of a cheap setup.

Mitsu eclipse manifold, turbo and injectors.

Now you need something to control it, i say Hondata with boost.

Get the other things and you should be well under 2k and have a good kit. If you dont plan to boost a lot, the dsm injectors will be fine, but if you plan to boost higher, get RC injectors.

use the d16 hf manifold it is easley converted to a turbo manifold all you need it to have the flage welded on and your done neext you will need to buy madrl u bends and 90 bends in 3-4 nc aluminum you would need an intercooler and some form of boost depen regulator bigger injectors and a bov if your turbo does not have an internal wastegate you will need and external waste gate
you can do your own kit for less than 1000 check for used parts they are chaep but take your time it will take awhile to to get all the peices so its not one lummp sum it alittle at a time
interlr 250
turbo 300-600
dont bother with a turbo timer all you do is leave the key in and wait till the car cool down it will be a pain in hte ass but it is free

Back