Cheap Replacement For Hondata?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

with all due respect to jon at the drop shop- I wouldn't do it.
as i'm sure a lot of you know, he got evicted from his old shop, and had to find a new one, he had a group buy on manifolds... its been months and some people still haven't gotten them, etc etc...

i'm not saying don't buy from him- i'm saying WAIT. he's a good guy and its shitty what happened. but i highly suggest waiting till all the backed-up manifold stuff is over.

no for the chip it self, the way i see it is this:

it allows for boost by altering the voltage coming from the map sensor, as well as making it run richer.
as for a replacement for hondata, not even close in book.
on a low boost car, i'd probably try it out- shit, $100 bucks. even if it sucks, its about the same price as an eBay supercharger :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 10 2003, 02:06 AM

it allows for boost by altering the voltage coming from the map sensor, as well as making it run richer.
as for a replacement for hondata, not even close in book.

from what i read- it looks as if he the fuel AND ignition tables, as well as adjusts the rev limit. This wouldnt happen if he only altered the map signal, as devices like the smc and afc hack do.

good point.
I'm not really sure man... give it a shot. a couple guys on there seem to be running it and are happy

Back