Check Engine Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

I dont want to use a OBD1 tool on my car cause they are mad pricey and no stores near me can give me free electronic test since it is OBD1 and a civic, or something.. stupid! anyways i forgot the way to make your check engine light flash to determine what the problem is.. can someone tell me how or link me to a site that tells you how..?

ANYWAYS
It dosent come on right away. I have to drive it for a minute.. seems like i just found out when i brake it will
turn on, originally i thought it was when i was downshifting. It could be either or both. Does this narrow down
the reason for the light to turn on for anyone? I just did a brake job, and just to be safe i bought two remanufactured stock calipers and one didnt fit the pad correctly on the disc. so a clip for the caliper fuckin
scraped into my disc for a few blocks when i drove it first after fixing it. so there a little scrapey line through
the disc.. oh well! its not that bad. i added some clutch fluid.. so the thingy inside the resiviour would float a little.... it wasnt before. I still have a new "High performance" clutch line ( lol ) from www.inlinefour.com
but have not installed it yet, i just now found where that goes.. well when i added my clutch fluid some older fluid came up into resiviour and that shit was pretty dirty. is that bad? any ideas why my light turns on?
I guess my friend is coming over tomarrow to investigate too maybe use a paper clip to see what the check engine light means or someshit.. replies very very appreciated. thanks.

The paper clip thing is what you need to do. If your friend doesnt know the fixes for the codes, let us know what they are. We can help you better after you pull the codes.

good stuff its code 17.. VSS... i already know my speedo dont work.. i think that a common problem in EG DX civics at least.. and it seems like its because of the cluster TO the VSS.. not the actual VSS

good stuff its code 17.. VSS... i already know my speedo dont work.. i think that a common problem in EG DX civics at least.. and it seems like its because of the cluster TO the VSS.. not the actual VSS

:bash:

Back