choice to make

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Hey all, I have gotten a little bored lately and was wondering what your thoughts were on this. Should I build and boost my 96 coupe dx or should I purchase a early 2000's IS300? My original goal with the civic was 200 horses out of the d16 but I like the lexus as well. Let me know what you think.

If you're bored you'd be alot less bored with building the Civic than just buying another car and driving it. :) Keep the dream alive! :D

Buy the IS300, then build that. That's been my plan for quite a while anyway...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2004, 04:14 PM
i see no competition.

if you can afford an IS, screw honda

:werd:

*dreams about his WRX* dohcvtec accord...you lucky...bastard :p

It's alot cheaper to buy a turbo kit and build your dx then it would be to purchase another car. It's all up to you, if you can afford the extra $$$ for a new car and insurance then go for it.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 25 2004, 04:33 PM
It's alot cheaper to buy a turbo kit and build your dx then it would be to purchase another car. It's all up to you, if you can afford the extra $$$ for a new car and insurance then go for it.

:lol: no, its really not

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 25 2004, 04:33 PM

That really depends on what kind of car you buy and/or if it's new or used...

I think you get the idea of everyones opinion. Lexus over a d-series honda. And 200whp from a d series is some work and in my opinion a swap would be better suited. Because if its a dx then its not even a sohc vtec and what are they stock around 100hp at the flywheel?

To me the IS300 looks nice, Yes M's are nice, there's lots of faster cars out there but still there's something dead sexy about building up a Honda. I guess I'm just Honda brain washed ;)

Both of these cars seem like a good way to get some much-needed sleep to me.

Take a simple Ignition upgrade. Lets say, MSD and individual pre-coils.

Honda = about $500
Altezza = About $1200

And so on and so forth. You'll find that your honda will be more satisfying as a daily car, because when you invest a Dollar you'll get it back. With the Toyota you'll be dropping cash into by the briefcase just to get some decent powergains.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Mar 25 2004, 05:22 PM
Gee, Honda or Lexus... christ, if you're dumb enough to even question which one you should chose, you don't deserve the Lexus.

:werd: :withstupid:

i dont even like the IS300 and i would still pick it over a fuckin civic

Back