Civic motors 92-95

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

money out the picture, like when you go to a car lot, what year car and what motor should you look for !!! I'll build my own car from the motor
that I need..

92-95 Civic hatch or Del sol Si or better

Originally posted by djextremity@Dec 29 2002, 10:00 AM
92 Civic VX hatch - very light and already wired for VTEC!

:werd:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 29 2002, 09:43 PM
any 92 civic is already wired for VTEC

Yes they are wired in the cars,but it doesn't continue to the engine harness except in the vx/si/ex.Actually wait a minute,I think they may go into the engine harness but are in the loom that is capped at the end on the passenger side.

Originally posted by IMPORT PRO@Dec 28 2002, 09:10 PM
money out the picture, like when you go to a car lot, what year car and what motor should you look for !!! I'll build my own car from the motor
that I need..

are you talking about what car has the best engine stock and you would be building off that engine without doing a swap? If so than a civic si a del sol VTEC
<---- seen 95 del Sol vtecs (VTEC trim has the b16a3, a dohc vtec high reving engine) go for 7-10k with 100k miles on them, good luck finding one)

other than the del Sol VTEC, no usdm honda really had a good engine in them untill later with the integras with the b18b (great for turbo) and the b18c (gsr and later typeR) you can not go that far with a factory USDM orginal engine in a honda. Swap is your only sollution (reliable solution) on the d16z6 you can go turbo but it costs just about the same as a swap and reliability is shot. Find a hatch with a blown engine or if possible, a 92 hb or a vx (light and wired for vtec) we say already wired for vtec is good because you can through allmost any obdI engine in there with little fabrication/wireing

What I meant is that the VX is light and it's wired for VTEC. Not that the difference between the VX and other models is VTEC wiring, but that it's lighter and still wired for VTEC.

really my buddy i work with had a cx hatch and he threw a gsr in it but i think the wiring harness didnt come ready for vtech

Originally posted by projecthonda@Jan 3 2003, 10:17 PM
really my buddy i work with had a cx hatch and he threw a gsr in it but i think the wiring harness didnt come ready for vtech

It's VTEC ASSHOLE.

VTEC%20vs%20VTECH%20Notice%20The%20Spelling%20Differences.jpg

Try to find a civic cx hatch. Might be cheaper considering its a base model, no fancy stuff. same weight as the vx just not prewired for vtec

Originally posted by b16ahatch@Jan 4 2003, 11:23 AM
Try to find a civic cx hatch. Might be cheaper considering its a base model, no fancy stuff. same weight as the vx just not prewired for vtec

cx or vx both weight the same.

Back