Civic Swap help....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

big4

I was searching, but can't find any info on what parts I need to swap a JDM OBD 1 B16a into my 95 Civic EX EJ1. I want it to be simple no cutting wires. I also read on here that a B16a is more work then a B16a2 or B16a3...is that true?

Motor: Buying a JDM B16a
Tranny: Buying a JDM B16 tranny non LSD :(
Wire Harness: Knock sensor? I want to do it right and clean. Should I buy a JDM harness?
Axles: Integra? What year?
Shift linkage: Integra? What year?
Motor mounts? I have Innovative mounts 60A. Do I need integra bracket (Rear)?
ECU: P30 with an S100.

This thread says a B16a for 5th Gen is not worth it, hard.
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/engine-swaps-101-a-29052/

its the same swap as a b16a obd1 swap the only difference is the wiring so try and search again

its the same swap as a b16a obd1 swap the only difference is the wiring so try and search again

I think I need a JDM wire harness or Delsol 94-95 cuz of the knock sensor. Will an OBD I Integra work with no cuts?

Do I need an integra rear mount bracket? I read that I do...

Can I use a JDM engine harness on a USDM car?

to save you money dont buy a harness. if you have an eg the harness is exactly the same. all you do is plug and play. you can delete the knock sensor off of your ecu. whoever chipped the ecu you can just have them delete it.

i swapped my b16 into my 95 ex and it was all the same. if you dont have a ex with the d16 then all you have to do is wire the vtec in

if you're car wasnt vtec you would need to wire it in yourself but since it is you can just use your stock harness and ive never heard anything about that being more difficult then the other b16s.

How can you tell the difference between stock JDM B16a cams and CTR Cams? Any markings?

How can you tell the difference between stock JDM B16a cams and CTR Cams? Any markings?

the ctr cams will have a bigger lobe on the vtec. only way to tell the difference is to put them side by side

the ctr cams will have a bigger lobe on the vtec. only way to tell the difference is to put them side by side

The guy I'm buying a motor from said it's got CTR cams....Wish I could tell if he's BS or NOT.

What axles will fit perfect? Del Sol?

There are markings on the cams that you can tell what they are with out mic'ing them.

as long as the motor is obd 1 u use ur harness and extend two or three plugs u do need the rear t bracket and linkage and the passenger block mount

Back