Civic Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H22CivicHB

This may be a stupid question to all of you guys but to me it isnt. What is the best swap for a 92-95 Hatchback what will give me the most performance. I need a swap that I can work with and start taking on Z06 Corvettes and such. All of them domestic people piss me off talking trash about imports. I dont care on the price just tell me the swap Ill save for a year if I have too.
Thanks

sounds like you are a street racer. do ou care about handeling and/or autox/road course?
if not h22 turbo
if you do care about turning, you're fucked. you can't build it the best for both.
its like bikes...

you have road bikes with skinny tires- kick ass on the street - shitty at best in the dirt
you have mountain bikes with wide knobbys - kick ass in the dirt - slow on the street
then you have those hyrbrid bikes that are gay- and attempt to do both, but only do both medicore at best.

its the same way for cars. you build one way- you suck at the other. you try to build for both, and you are average at best at both

well said. but if he says he wans to take on z06 vettes you know he only wants to go fast for a 1/4 mile. :huh:

Originally posted by 94H22CivicHB@Jan 20 2003, 02:30 AM
This may be a stupid question to all of you guys but to me it isnt. What is the best swap for a 92-95 Hatchback what will give me the most performance. I need a swap that I can work with and start taking on Z06 Corvettes and such. All of them domestic people piss me off talking trash about imports. I dont care on the price just tell me the swap Ill save for a year if I have too.
Thanks

ls/t is your best friend. Get a 94-95 LS swap, build it internally. Eagle rods, Endyn pistons, pnp head, crower turbo cams, other head work, www.ks-motorsport.com build your own turbo kit. LSD for the tranny and various other things, that is just the main stuff.

You can boost for a while on stock sleeves, if you decide to go crazy on boost, for insurance, have Golden Eagle resleeve the block (~1000USD) to hold upto 40psi of boost.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jan 20 2003, 09:03 PM
well said. but if he says he wans to take on z06 vettes you know he only wants to go fast for a 1/4 mile. :huh:

Why,zo6's don't race on the street? :rolleyes:

not true there are lots of cars that can do it maybe you dont think a honda hatch cant do it but I can name a few that can. Personally I think a hatch can do it but I am not really a big honda guy so I dont know.
its the same way for cars. you build one way- you suck at the other. you try to build for both, and you are average at best at both

swap in a h22 turbo, youll be fast in the 1/4 mile but will have shit for handling

and iv'e seen a Z06 get beat by a Civic B)

Originally posted by jahwarrior@Jan 21 2003, 11:58 AM
swap in a h22 turbo, youll be fast in the 1/4 mile but will have shit for handling

and iv'e seen a Z06 get beat by a Civic B)

Yea,and?I've seen a Renault clio stomp a 928.It comes down to how much he wants to spend and practicality.Shit for handling is the wrong way to put it,because it isn't that bad.Depends on the application.Zo6 is far from the fastest car on the road anyway.Besides from the guys I know into it,you need towork on beating the older American muscle,the guys who spend money on engines for the older cars,instead of the guys with wallstreet jobs that can afford a new vette.

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 06:38 PM
ive also seen a hatch burn a zo6. i say get a accord :lol:

Why? A civic with the same swap will kill it. Accords are heavy.

Civic > Accord

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 03:47 PM
so what accords are alot more power ful. get a 94-97model

you obviously dont understand the concept of swapping motors. and power to weight ratios.

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 06:47 PM
so what accords are alot more power ful. get a 94-97model

Thats very not true.

If you want a powerfull accord most people swap in H22's.
If you want a heavy car that goes fast, Prelude's are what Honda makes.

H22 in a Civic or H22 in an Accord... Accord outweighs the civic by an enormous amount.
Civic will stop the Accord every day.

And when you say powerfull, the guy is talking about an engine swap. So it doesn't matter what the accord is stock.

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 06:54 PM
im talkin bout stock. now why would you swap a h22 into a accord if you can just buy a honda accord sir with a h22 already in it and save the money. and dat will burn any civic wit a h22 in it trust me i kno

Well, considering the states doesn't have the Accord SiR, and considering I know how to spell.

Stick a stock Accord SiR against a Civic with a h22 swap and I have my money on the Civic. Power to weight ownz j00!

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 23 2003, 07:02 PM-->
94accordman
@Jan 23 2003, 06:54 PM
im talkin bout stock. now why would you swap a h22 into a accord if you can just buy a honda accord sir with a h22 already in it and save the money. and dat will burn any civic wit a h22 in it trust me i kno

Well, considering the states doesn't have the Accord SiR, and considering I know how to spell.

Stick a stock Accord SiR against a Civic with a h22 swap and I have my money on the Civic. Power to weight ownz j00!

True that.

Same power + less weight = win.

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 07:10 PM
ok a civic si hatchback weighs 2,390 lbs. and the honda civic hatchback 92-95 weighs 2,178 lbs. and the honda accord ex or SiR weights about 2,900 lbs. but overall the stock engine is more powerfull than a stock 92-95 civic hatch. And if they both have a h22 in it the hatch will barely beat it. And to beat the civic all you would have to do is change some of the parts on the accord to light weight parts.

If so, if this mad science is so true. Then why are there are hardly any, if any Accords at the drags? Here in Oklahoma, I have yet to see an Accord at the track, or better yet, one with a motor swap that is even close to being fast. Yes, they did have the H22 in them.

ok a civic si hatchback weighs 2,390 lbs. and the honda civic hatchback 92-95 weighs 2,178 lbs. and the honda accord ex or SiR weights about 2,900 lbs. but overall the stock engine is more powerfull than a stock 92-95 civic hatch. And if they both have a h22 in it the hatch will barely beat it. And to beat the civic all you would have to do is change some of the parts on the accord to light weight parts.

No shit.

But if you're modifying the Accord, then it's not fucking stock is it?

HX Wheels 11.7 lbs : 14"
Prelude Wheels (doesnt list accord, but I Imagine they are simliar) 19.7lbs : 16"

Thats 8 lbs difference x 4 wheels = 32 x 10 (unsprung) 320lbs difference. Just in the wheels

Add that to the 800 lb car difference and you have a half ton heavier car.

Over a second easily.

What's the weather like up your own ass? You're talking about a 700 lb difference, maybe more.

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 23 2003, 07:16 PM

Quoting myself here.

Now if you did the same to the Civic?

Put some 10lb'ers on there. CF hood, I/E/H... etc..

Wait a second... here it comes again.

Edit: Blea I'm off work. I'll continue this arguement if someone has'nt put him in his place by time I get home from my girls house tonight.

buddychrist-sucks.jpg

Accords are heavier than Civics, why is this fucking thread still going on?! Anything you do to an Accord and a Civic, the Civic will always weigh less! End of thread!

Have a nice day!

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 07:16 PM
first of all oklahoma? who the hell races there. thats why you havent seen any good cars there. :ph34r:

Well, considering we do not have emissions or inspections of any kind. This is home to 9 second street driven cars. Both domestics and imports. I may live surrounded by rednecks, but it does have its advantages.

Originally posted by 94accordman@Jan 23 2003, 07:30 PM
ok guys let me break this down to you. now were talking bout stock. the hatch 92-95 is 0-60 is 9.4 secs. 1/4 mile 17.2 secs. and top speed is 112 mph. the accord 94- 97 is 0-60 in 9.0 secs. 1/4 mile in 16.8 secs. and the top speed is 130 mph. so tell me all you accord haters which one is better stock :ph34r:

I first off said. Take the stock Accord SiR and race it against a H22 Civic (motor swap only mod) and the Civic will eat it.

Back