Civic tweeter pod question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skillz2k5

I have a co-worker that just purchased my old 4 channel amp and all of my aftermarket components from me. I have a 96 2 door ex and he has a 2000 4 door ex. I have factory tweeter pods and he does not... odd to me but whatever. Will the 99-00 ex tweeter pod "mount" from a 2 door be compatible with his 99-00 4 door ex??

I know that I would need wiring... maybe I was not clear enough. The 4 door model does not come from the factory with these plastic pods. He needs a set for his 4 door... will a set from a 2 door work?

all I can say is the obvious then, the 2 door has a longer door panel. other than that these cars are identical. Sorry can't offer more than that.

Does anybody know the size of the factory tweeters? I was looking to replace the factory tweeters with new mb quarts that are 19mm and wanted to keep the same setup. will this work no problem or does anybody have any tips how to make the new ones fit in the factory pod?

factory tweeters are 1/4". They should fit. Just because the door is longer doesn't mean the tweeter mounting points are going to be different.

Take a trip to a junkyard and look for 4/2 door tweeter mounting pods. I'll bet they're the same. but I know they'll be a pain in the ass to wire up.

Ok, I think I might be able to clear this up. The factory tweeters on most Accords and Civics are simply spliced into the speaker wiring... not complicated at all. The tweeter has a high range capacitor built in.
How do I know this? I happened uopn this the day I bought my 04 Coupe.

Step 1) Buy Car
Step 2) Drive Car to shop
Step 3) Open tool box and proceed to remove all stock stereo
Step 4) Sell stock stuff on Ebay in "never used" condition

As far as them fitting on to the other doors......

Here's a novel idea. Take the tweeter pod and hold it above the top of the door apnel on the recipient vehicle and using your factory installed eyeballs, LOOK and see if it will indeed fit.
...Do I really need to go any further with this?

I am curious about this myself as I got rid of the manual mirrors and went to power. I am looking for a set of plain power mirror covers, no tweeter. The only plain mirror covers are from the 4 door models. Most listings I have seen on Ebay said the 4 door and the coupe/hatchback covers are different. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

-Mike

Back