Clay modeling Bodywork?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms


Senior Member
I don't know the proper terminology, but the clay modeling that's done on a vehicle when it's in the concept design stages and when companies design body kits. Like on the show 'Rides' when they were making the new Shelby Cobra, how they were shaving down and smoothing out the lines to the body when it was all in clay.
Is there any particular colleges/universities that offer that kind of training. Or would I have to go to a Automotive Design Institute to do so?


Senior Member
no, but its going obsolete. It's all CG (computer graphics) now my friend. Go to demonoid and download 3ds Max or Rhino and start teaching yourself....