clearance issues 98HF 14" Wheels front of EK coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d.b.cooper

Mid-life Crisis Swap
I just traded my tired EG GSR swp for an EK(?) coupe...believe it is an EX model...went to put my wheels from the eg and they don't clear the calipers on the EX...

help?

I knew Will swapped in trailing arms from GSR to get rear discs on my EG....I always assumed the front disc was the stock civic set-up...

Why they (or would they?) stock EX brakes have LESS clearance than the brakes (GSR?) on the EG?

Maybe it has Integra brake calipers on it? Not sure if they're different- but Teg guys shave their calipers down to run HX wheels.

Nah, not uncommon at all actually.

Grind the caliper bracket. There is no safety risk or possible performance loss in removing material from that section of the bracket.

"HOW TO: Fitting HX rims on big calipers." - Honda-Tech

Thanks, Will! Talk about service after the sale...I think I bought your hatch like 7-8 years ago...I could remember your name but not your handle till I saw it in some old posts.

This is the type of stuff that makes an engineer cringe. :lol:

You are presuming that any actual engineering went into the design of that bracket...More likely than not the guesstimated it then added a factor of 100%.. Cast steel is cheap, C.A.D. time expensive.

Back