Clutch cable help .. Cable to Hydro Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BonesZ33

Well i have a 1991 integra DA..

I recently put my 96 b18b1 turbo motor in it.. everything went pretty smooth it starts up fine.( I still need new intake piping)

5851_220608020143_647145143_7781300_3214005_n.jpg

I got pretty much everything all sorted out except for the clutch cable.

I am using the 96 LS hydro tranny.. i have a competition stage 5 clutch and a lightweight flywheel in it. So i bought a cable to hydro conversion

5851_220608005143_647145143_7781297_4153468_n.jpg

The clutch worked fine for about 30 minutes ( probably about 50 clutch uses) And than this happened.

5851_220608010143_647145143_7781298_5103588_n.jpg

The plastic screw that goes on the plastic threads to adjust the clutch cable snapped off making the clutch useless.. The competition clutch is extremely stiff.. so i would like to explore other options rather than changing OEM plastic clutch cables every 100 miles

So I am here for these questions:

Is there an aftermarket clutch cable with METAL threads and adjustment screw?

Is a complete Hydro clutch assembly ( clutch pedals, cylinder, and lines) able to fit from a 94 integra into a DA? has it been done before?.. The slave cylinder lines up the the tranny.. and lines can be made or bent to fit the DA.. so the problem is the actual pedals and clutch master cylinder fitting.. are the pedals bolt on? the clearance of the slave cylinder looked tight but i could do some cutting possibly.. ?

I have looked into the other version of the hydro conversion.. But this version still utilizes a cable and plastic threads.. Even though this version might ease clutch petal stress .. i am not willing to pay 250$ to "chance" if the plastic screw will break again on my stage 5 clutch.

I really don't want to hear "get a cable tranny:.. because i already have one.. i just don't feel like spending 600 dollars on a new flywheel and clutch.. Plus the labor of doing a tranny swap after having my motor out already..

Any professional experience on these matters would be greatly appreciated thanks

You can reach me at AIM : Beretta2211 if possible

- Will

i would also want to know. ive have had the same ?'s.. but i cut 2' hole and welded two pin like 12 mm bolts into the inside of the firewall, and mybe i could bolt up the clutch booster. but i have no idea how it would really work. i have time.. s0o if anyone could help please so. thank you

i am wanting to know how integra DC (94+) pedal assebly would fit into the DA.. im sure i could make the clutch master cylinder fit if the pedals fit

Anybody have any for sale for cheap?

screwhose-clamps.jpg

I basically just used about 7 or 8 hose clamps and tightened them where the black plastic screw would be.. its holding up for now........... anybody else have any other ideas on this topic?

Lets hope my shit is good with my stage3.....Wtf people give this man a hand! Dont you wanna see this beast on the road? borg warner turbo 18psi ls?

You could easily buy a brake line bender and the correct size line. Mount a master cylinder (probably need to cut the holes for the shaft and two mounting holes) Bend the line to go on other side of firewall and eventually to the slave cylinder. I have bent brake lines with my dad on various hot rods. Not that hard at all. The tool is pretty cheap (need a pipe cutter and flare tool as well) Just get the correct fittings for slave and master cylinders. The cylinders are pretty cheap too

Or you can just get a cable LS transmission.

You could easily buy a brake line bender and the correct size line. Mount a master cylinder (probably need to cut the holes for the shaft and two mounting holes) Bend the line to go on other side of firewall and eventually to the slave cylinder. I have bent brake lines with my dad on various hot rods. Not that hard at all. The tool is pretty cheap (need a pipe cutter and flare tool as well) Just get the correct fittings for slave and master cylinders. The cylinders are pretty cheap too

Or you can just get a cable LS transmission.

Thanks for the advice.. I'm not really worried about the lines.. im more worried about swaping the pedal assembly and CMC.. i will be willing to cut metal and make sure the CMC fits on the firewall.. The real question is..

Has anybody ever swapped pedal assemblies from a DC to DA.. will it work.. If anybody has a cheap DC pedal assembly they are willing to let go let me know and i can do some fitting i suppose.

I already have a cable LS tranny but what i don't have is the 600 dollar clutch and flywheel setup for it like my hydro tranny.

are all DAs cable clutch? for some reason i was thinking the 92-93 ones were hydro. if so that would obviously make things easier. i assume you already researched this...

also, are you sure there are no cable transmissions that are compatible with your clutch/flywheel? there are two different size shaft cable trannys, and i thought the bigger spline one was compatible with hydro... but i could be wrong.

anyways this is an interesting subject id like to know more about, so im in for the read as well.

are all DAs cable clutch? for some reason i was thinking the 92-93 ones were hydro. if so that would obviously make things easier. i assume you already researched this...

also, are you sure there are no cable transmissions that are compatible with your clutch/flywheel? there are two different size shaft cable trannys, and i thought the bigger spline one was compatible with hydro... but i could be wrong.

anyways this is an interesting subject id like to know more about, so im in for the read as well.

92-93 Da's still came with Cable clutch, As far as spline count and the 92-93 clutch working on a 96 hydro tranny, I'm not 100% sure but it's worth and shot if you go that rout.

92-93 Da's still came with Cable clutch, As far as spline count and the 92-93 clutch working on a 96 hydro tranny, I'm not 100% sure but it's worth and shot if you go that rout.

Yes, this is correct.

I am certain that the 90-91 b18a1 integra clutches are different from the 92-93 clutches.. However i am not certain if the 92-93 is compatiable with the 94+ trannys... This is besides the point though since i have a 91 LS tranny

I have learned to drive with no clutch.. i can't believe this topic has not been covered before.. nobody knows of any clutch cables that are made of metal threads and metal adjustment screw?

i used to have problems with breaking the oem clutch cables on my last DA (had a beefy clutch). it would break a cable every 6 months or so and i was never able to find any sort of stronger cable. the only advice i ever got was that i need to convert to a hydraulic tranny, but i never seriously looked into that option.

Fuck theres gotta be a way or a stronger cable! Damn hope mine doesnt give me problems since my stg 3 6 puck is going in soon!

SO the splines are different count? That connects the flywheel? That does throw a wrench into the system .

Can you change out the main shaft then? With that big dog clutch.....and people saying they break the cable with hefty clutches....
I say looking into a new pedal assembly and running hydro lines is the way to go. or maybe the stage 3 clutch will be more tame
and you have to change cables a few times a year.

SO the splines are different count? That connects the flywheel? That does throw a wrench into the system .

Can you change out the main shaft then? With that big dog clutch.....and people saying they break the cable with hefty clutches....
I say looking into a new pedal assembly and running hydro lines is the way to go. or maybe the stage 3 clutch will be more tame
and you have to change cables a few times a year.

That is why i am here seeing if it is possible to do this but nobody has an insight on this topic...

Back