CLutch not engaging....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beau_safken

1995 civic with 1995 integra ls engine/tranny.

The clutch pedal just wouldnt allow me to put the car in gear today worth a damn. Drove just up the driveway and couldnt get the damn thing in gear and would crap out. Then figured out there was next to no tension on the clutch pedal. Could anyone point me in the direction on where to look for the tensioning cable for the clutch? I would really appreciate it. :worthy:

Originally posted by beau_safken@Aug 2 2005, 12:11 PM
1995 civic with 1995 integra ls engine/tranny.

The clutch pedal just wouldnt allow me to put the car in gear today worth a damn. Drove just up the driveway and couldnt get the damn thing in gear and would crap out. Then figured out there was next to no tension on the clutch pedal. Could anyone point me in the direction on where to look for the tensioning cable for the clutch? I would really appreciate it. :worthy:
[post=534431]Quoted post[/post]​

Its up on the front side of the tranny, youll see the adjuster there.. What I always did was get someone to tighten it while I bump the clutch from in the car and that would let me know where to stop, then take it for a test drive and made adjustments if needed..

Isnt a 95 LS a hydro trans?

You may have blown a seal in the Clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder. Check the fluid level in the clutch master. There is no clutch cable.

yeah the 95 has a hydro clutch on it... there is no adjusting it

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 2 2005, 11:50 AM
yeah the 95 has a hydro clutch on it... there is no adjusting it
[post=534476]Quoted post[/post]​

You can adjust it.
clutchcylinder.jpg

here...could ya make a little arrow on what side I should look at for the adjuster?

engine.jpg

Doh... Its as easy as just behind the pedal???

Also is there a way to check the fluid without having to rip apart the dash?

Originally posted by beau_safken@Aug 2 2005, 01:04 PM
[post=534492]Quoted post[/post]​

its the small cup / resivoir all the way to the right (in the pic)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 2 2005, 12:09 PM-->
beau_safken
@Aug 2 2005, 01:04 PM
[post=534492]Quoted post[/post]​

its the small cup / resivoir all the way to the right (in the pic)
[post=534500]Quoted post[/post]​

Ahhh well that makes it a lot easier...thank god. What kind of fluid goes in there? Better to ask here than at the parts store... lol

same as the brake fluid (dot 3 or dot 4) just use what you have... im running ATE super blue in mine LMAO

Sweet, that sure makes it easy to find. I was freakin out this morning and now I feel a hell of a lot better... Thanks all for your support. Sorry for not being around more often...Life happens. Check my website for all the fun that has happened... Oh the pain of Washington weather. :(

dot 4 non synthetic brake fluid. dot 3 will work fine, too.

Check the level in that cup to the upper right. If it is empty, you evacuated the system and will need to bleed it out.

A sudden failure of the clutch isn't going to need an adjustment. Either something broke (clutch disk, pressure plate, cracked flywheel, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder), or your resivoir ran empty and you sucked air into the line. (which is hopefully what you did, as it is the easiest fix)

You would be doing yourself a great service to go purchase a chilton manual for a 95 integra. For $16.00 you get a hell of alot of info, and they explain things better than I care to.

LOL, I think I had one for the engine and chassis but both molded to oblivion in my trunk. Gotta grab one of those for damn sure.

Thanks all for your advice and assistance.

update:

So I checked the rez...empty. went in and filled it up...kept pumping the clutch till feeling came back. TRhe topped it and capped it. Gonna give it 3 hours and check it a lttle later to see if there was any change. i havent touched that part of the car in 2 years. goes to show you, when it means check all fluids...it means all fluids. :p

you most likely have a leak somewhere

yea...Im gonna see how much gets lost in a day and take it from there. Its kinda odd but ill check into it. Could the cap be an issue like the rubber seal....I didnt see any leaks in the metal pipes or on the inside of the car. Im gonna have it pressure tested to see about the possible leak problem. Helps to have friends with tools..

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 2 2005, 11:08 AM-->
holy shit never saw that before ... cool thanks for the info :thumbsup:
[post=534498]Quoted post[/post]​

Very nice pic!

E, that's in the factory service manual you know. :)

E_SolSi
@Aug 2 2005, 11:16 AM
same as the brake fluid (dot 3 or dot 4) just use what you have... im running ATE super blue in mine LMAO
[post=534513]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

It's just a hydraulic pump system- identical to your brakes. You're just pushing on a pressure plate diaphragm instead of a caliper piston.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 2 2005, 11:09 PM
E, that's in the factory service manual you know. :)
[post=534898]Quoted post[/post]​

theres 8000 pages in the factory service manual... i dont shit nearly enough to read all that
plus i have never had to replace a clutch master on any of my hondas :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 2 2005, 11:09 PM-->
@Aug 2 2005, 11:09 PM
E, that's in the factory service manual you know.  :)
[post=534898]Quoted post[/post]​

theres 8000 pages in the factory service manual... i dont shit nearly enough to read all that
plus i have never had to replace a clutch master on any of my hondas :)
[post=534947]Quoted post[/post]​

your lucky...the first honda I bought I had to replace my clutch slave and master...lol SUCKED...but ya check to see if your slave is leaking...the boot around it..I believe thats the slave one and not the master...could be wrong though

Back