Clutch Pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
LSD ... yummy
s3e55b10fdb2c3.jpg

hondata intake manifold gasket:
s3e55b0dfc0514.jpg

exedy ITR organic disk:
s3e55b12a52756.jpg

exedy ITR pressure plate:
s3e55b1406ade3.jpg

bolted up:
s3e55b18a1a4d3.jpg

Never saw one before it was used and abused. Very nice, looks like a regular street/strip disc.

you got it

33% stronger than an OEM ITR clutch

which is stronger than the stock b16 clutch that was in there.

Very nice. It should still be just as smooth as the ITR unit, right?

yes. it engages a bit stiffer than my b16 clutch did, but that is expected. the ITR one was slightly stiffer and this is stronger than that, but it feels like OEM quality.. i didn't drive it really hard yet obviously :) but it felt very nice for the little driving i did

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 20 2003, 11:38 PM
yes. it engages a bit stiffer than my b16 clutch did, but that is expected. the ITR one was slightly stiffer and this is stronger than that, but it feels like OEM quality.. i didn't drive it really hard yet obviously :) but it felt very nice for the little driving i did

Cool. My ACT is significantly stiffer than anything I've driven at a dealership, but it's still livable- I'm just curious how it compares to your setup.

nice pills! did you have to trim your hondata gasket, where the ports are? i did not when i put mine on, but someone told me i should have... it was hard to see, but it looked like it lined up ok with the head.

cool beanz y0!.. im shopping for clutches right now.. i just wanna know.. why exedy?? and not act or cm or "insert whatever brand here" ??

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 21 2003, 02:17 AM
Cool. My ACT is significantly stiffer than anything I've driven at a dealership, but it's still livable- I'm just curious how it compares to your setup.

is that a 6 puck calesta?

Originally posted by paragus@Feb 21 2003, 06:14 PM
cool beanz y0!.. im shopping for clutches right now.. i just wanna know.. why exedy?? and not act or cm or "insert whatever brand here" ??

he said in a diffrent post that he new a guy that could get only exedy clutches for cheap

I've posted this before -but I love the Exedy stuff. If you look every high end Japanese tuner runs them. The flywheel clutch combo makes a mind blowing differnce, as far as N/A stuff goes. I can get them for a great price too. I can get others cheaper but with Exedy I definately felt it was worth the money. Our project cars will use them from now on. It's going to break the bank on our S2K though.

no it's actually that i dont trust ACT or clutchmasters.

it's my dad's shop that get's exedy clutches for cost.

daikin makes most of the OEM clutches for japanese cars and i trust OEM quality.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 23 2003, 11:00 PM
japan makes the best car parts... i thought it was abundantly obvious....

I hope you meant for "mild builds" Adam, b/c OEM Japan (stuff from Honda) isn't always the best. :) IMO that is.

Back