cold start problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

Ok guys my wifes car has a little problem that is getting on my nerve. It just started happening about 5 days ago and I am a bit lost. My wife has a 94 integra ls. its all stock but the filter. (k and n) so the other day my wife went to go start her car and i heard it take a few turns more then normal to start up. First thing that came to my mind was her timing is off. Now her timing belt set (belt water pump tensionor) was replaced at 100k she is now at 132k. she also has a brand new dizzy from DK. i set the timing she might be around 5k on that. I double checked the timing and its dead on right on the red mark on her crank pulley. So i let her car warm up and checked it again dead on. i checked her idle 750 rpms. So i asked her "when did this start happening?" she replied a few days ago. so i thought about it and a few days ago she let her fuel get really low, i have no clue why but she did. After thinking about it more she has a really bad habbit of letting it get low. So i am wondering if its her fuel pump not putting enough fuel pressure for start up. Now here is why i think that. She starts her car and it will take a while to start. she can drive it for 30 mins or so and then turn off the car and then start it up again and its perfect. but if the car sits for say 8 to 10+ hours it will start like i stated. So all my money is on the fuel pump what do you guys think?

My daytona had that problem, it was in fact the fuel pump. But the bad mechs broke the a piece off it and the connections were coming loose. Had to get a new pump.

It did the same thing you stated. Sometimes it starts, more so when warm. Then again its come loose as i was driving, not a good thing.

Check your pump, ive heard if they are left too low too often, especially with dirty fuel, it can ruin the pump.

Back