comcast sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I used to have Comcast and I moved into a new Apt a few monts ago.. I now get an HDTV receiver/HDDVR/all HD service plus 6 megabit internet instead of 3mbit for about $30 a month less than Comcast was providing for no HD or DVR. They really need to get with the program...

again, i'm not debating the bill.... its 40 bucks. whatever.

all i want is some document that EXPLAINS what "install" entails.

you are the 4th comcast customer service person who can't fucking read. lol

since when do you have time to watch TV anyways?

I usually watch a little tv while i have dinner, and the coin show at 2-4am while i pass out in bed. lol

If your wanting a definition... I can get it for you. I dont work in customer support, I was just letting you knwo the insight when I did work there. I have since moved on with the Company. Its been a while but give me an hour... Ill shoot off an email and see.

Update - I just spoke with the install Supervisor and he clarified some things.

Prewired install fee - 13.95
Wired install - 23.95

Both are for 1 outlet, but we are charging you the 13.95 because most houses are prewired. The tech did install a "jumper" of cable to connect your service, as well as verified it was working properly. He would help troubleshoot if need be but in your case it was not. This would also pertain to a tech installing a digital box. Granted you could install it on your own if your savvy, but some customers are not.

Flat out... your TV worked, a tech verified this, so you pay for the install fee.

Last edited:
Ah, this is why I love DirecTV. :) I didn't mind Comcast when I had it, but, what's funny is when anyone comes to the house to install stuff, they ask what the hell the things are outside (Solar Panels) and why we have them all over our backyard. Eh, my house has wires all over it.

Well, B, my question is... how hard is it to explain 'install/activation'? Really? It's pretty self explanatory.

Ah, this is why I love DirecTV. :) I didn't mind Comcast when I had it.

Direct TV for home us is really good, they have really good support. Direct TV for business is a total piece of shit.

1 out of 10 I give Direct TV a 9.5 for home use. PR wise.
1 out of 10 I give Direct TV a 0.5 for business uses PR wise.

holy shit they're total shit.

on top of that direct TV cost 200 ish before adding in any speical channels, keep in mind some of the local foot ball and baseball games were listed under the "special" channels and cost anywhere from 20-50 bucks EXTRA a month so our bill depending on the time of year (we would drop channels to save money then add them later for the games) would cost us for ONE TV 225-250 a month. and still, we couldn't get all the home games. Not unless we paid for the total sports package that had every game for an extra X many hundred bucks.

Comcast with 4 HD TVs each with their own HD box, on demand, every channel we need for every local sports game cost us under 150 bucks.

On top of that they're great PR wise and easily fix any problems with have.

I swear to god, if I ever knowingly come within 100 yards of ANY telecommunication company's CEO or chairperson, I will brutally rape and murder them without warning. If there is a god, he will find my actions to be justified and will bless me in eternity.

I feel your pain.

I work for MTA (Matanuska Telephone Association) and I am not far away. I already put in my 2 weeks notice and will be working on the slope in less than a month. Do you need the CEOs address???

Well, uhm... I'm not a business, so I love DTV. :p but, yes, they do suck unless you're a sportsbar with all the sport channels. :p And we have 5 people (in 4 different cities) on one bill... only one of us pays for it, and it's about 200 a month for EVERYTHING... it was cheaper when it was hacked.

I work for MTA (Matanuska Telephone Association) and I am not far away. I already put in my 2 weeks notice and will be working on the slope in less than a month. Do you need the CEOs address???

It would have to be a spur of the moment kind of thing so that I could plead insanity afterwards.

I wonder if that's true I've heard that as well.. I get double the d/l speed with my new ISP than I did with them both on 6 mbit connections so it probably is.

We had a fun go round with our DSL provider because of them capping us... not pretty. But, having 2 DSL lines here is nuts...
I don't understand how capping is legeal. You pay for service a "X" speed, if they prevent you from getting that speed isn't that fraud?

Back