Comcast to increase bandwidth

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, that upstream is a major bottleneck. I have always been annoyed at the limited upstream.

you mean now I might actually get my moneys worth?

About time, fuggin 100 a month for tv/modem.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 17 2005, 08:48 PM

[post=447130]Quoted post[/post]​

Wtf? I pay 78/mo for HSI, Digital Cable, and HDTV from Comcast.

Me > you, obviously :)

Originally posted by Havok+Jan 17 2005, 08:57 PM-->
@Jan 17 2005, 08:48 PM

[post=447130]Quoted post[/post]​

Wtf? I pay 78/mo for HSI, Digital Cable, and HDTV from Comcast.

Me > you, obviously :)
[post=447138]Quoted post[/post]​

They just raised their rates. :thumbsdown:

You can just bitch....They throw away money, they gave me 3 months free of EVERYTHING because the HDTV wasn't doing shit, and my cable modem was only working during "business hours" 9-5 (Don't ask me how, but at 5, it would go to shit until 9 am the next day.)

I went in to cancel my digital cable and they tried to offer me a 10 dollar discount. I just laughed at her and said turn it off. I started saving 40/month and then they raised their rates, so Now i'm going to call em and tell em to cancel the TV altogether. I don't want any discounts because after 3-4 months it'll go right back up to 100/month.

If I could save more than 10/month I'd get DSL and Dish.

2005-01-17 22:09:35 EST: 1182 / 241
Your download speed : 1210816 bps, or 1182 kbps.
A 147.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 247096 bps, or 241 kbps.

doesn't look like its happened yet :p

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 17 2005, 09:58 PM
I went in to cancel my digital cable and they tried to offer me a 10 dollar discount. I just laughed at her and said turn it off. I started saving 40/month and then they raised their rates, so Now i'm going to call em and tell em to cancel the TV altogether. I don't want any discounts because after 3-4 months it'll go right back up to 100/month.

If I could save more than 10/month I'd get DSL and Dish.
[post=447169]Quoted post[/post]​

DSL is HORRIBLE, my sister had that...she was always at my house, using cable.

It's pretty close to right on par with Cable here.

Verizon realized they were letting a gold mine slip through and started service here. My brother, dad and grandpa have already all switched.

yep- i had dsl. im now on cable, and its MUCH faster, and more reliable.

Reset your modem and try again. I remember last time they had an update i got an email telling me to reset my modem to be capable of using the speed up, I will try mine now to see <_<

It is faster once i reset my modem... I downloaded a movie at like 150 and now at 190... the same one. Dont know why. And dammit i need to move to annapolis because in baltimore it is 43 for internet and like 43 for cable. The bill is like 91 total <_<

Well lets hope SBC and other DSL providers speed up too, to stay competative. As I could use a bump up in speed. I have the fastest residential DSL package I could get and it is still too slow for the four of us.

every one on here is comparing pricing - different cities will have different pricing - i pay nearly 100 bucks a month for cable - and hdtv cable- where as my brother pays 47 bucks a month - but he lives in the hicks where no one really wants it but i guess they offer it - and for a low low price - different companies of course- i have comcast- and he has some no name i have ever even heard of

Back