Completely no power to car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noobvang

OK, I got a 96 lx (mod list are in the sig). I am not getting any power from my battery, no lights, no beep, no clicks, nothing. Its like a dead battery, I go and try to jump the damn thing and still the same. Not even getting any power from the other car. I would at least get some power to light up the dash lights you would think, but nothing!

The only events before this is that the car was normal this morning when I went to work. When leaving the car, I noticed a light smell of somthing burning, more of an electrical burn smell. I thought that it was just my tires rubbing against the snow that was stuck in my wheel wells, so thought nothing much of it. So when I was about to go home, I get the suprise from my car. So now I have a completly dead battery.

Things that I checked:

Fuses - all good

Battery connections - good

Battery - dead

Jumpstarting - no good, still the same (no lights, no clicks, no beeps, nothing)

So I am now leaning towards a burnt wire or relay, but don't know which one. If anyone got any ideas or things to try out, please share. Car is still at work, will try to get it towed home tomorrow.

Thanks

It's sounds like your battery is beyond dead. Pull the thing out and get it tested at Autozone or whatever you have around you. They'll do it for free.

Thanks for the replys guys. Tried a different battery and everything was normal again.

Was weird because the damn thing went out just like that while I was still at work. Only clues I got from the battery is that there is those corrosion dust around the area where you would refill the battery, didn't realise those untill today.

Well, gonna try the new battery and hope it doesn't go dry on me.

Thanks again :)

You really shouldn't have to worry about going dry. Most batteries these days are maintenance free. Buy a maintenance free one this time. You had a cell go down in that old one.

Quoted post[/post]]
You really shouldn't have to worry about going dry. Most batteries these days are maintenance free. Buy a maintenance free one this time. You had a cell go down in that old one.

you might have left a light on or something by accident, or your car has an electrical draw.

an Electrical draw CAN be a bitch to find, but finding out if you have one is easy, disconnect negative battery post, take a simple test light, connect one to the battery post and the other to the negative battery cable that you just disconnected, if the test light lights up, you have a draw and its only a matter of time till your batt goes dead, if no light is on, you're good to go, so go celebrate by uniting Rubber and Pavement! :)

Back