Coolant Lines?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

can i just T off one of my coolant lines from the radiator? or should i not run antifreeze through my turbo??? if not then where the hell do i T for my water coolant lines to run to the turbo? and one more question.... there are 4 holes on my eclipse turbo i know one is the oil feed line and i know one is the oil drain line and i i think the other two are water feed and water drain ...am i right? please tell me everything you know aboiut this and links would be great to pipcs....none from homemadeturbo tho cause there site wont load on my computer thnx guys peace :worthy:

b18vtecrx

you must not know enough to be making a reply in the forced induction area then......for future reference there are oil cooled turbos and there are oil/water cooled turbos. what im trying to find out is if the water cooled part comes front the radiator lines or if it has to be ONLY water???

D See 2

yes, most turbos are water and oil cooled. the best place to get the coolant is from the throttle body. just do a bypass by the throttle body. those lines are about the right size for the fitting on the turbo.

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Thanks for the info b18vtecrx, it's not so much I don't know about turbos and how they work , I've never actaually installed one or fuxored with them much.

but from what else I've read, sounds like the coolant w/ antifreeze is just fine. how else you gonna get water thru those lines without antifreeze? beside a completely seperate cooling system just for the turbo.

b18vtecrx

thnx crx yem sorry i didnt mean to dis on you its just it sounded like you didnt know anything about what i asked and the point of posting a reply is mainly cause you have some useful info but thnx for your opinion(on your second reply) ill probly end up doing that ...no hard feelings bro :D