cooling fan not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
its me again :D hey i was told there is switch for the cooling fan located behind my ls block. (88 crx with lsvtec). I know the fan works but why wont it turn on? The car doesnt overheat but i would like them to come on since the weather and humidity is horrible in FL. I checked the fuses,checked the wires. There is no power coming from 2 wires that seperate from the harness into the fan on the passenger side right beside my Intake filter. Do they come from the ecu,fuse box ? i have no idea :blink: . any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
------Taco

ok check your ecu for B4 Yellow/Green Radiator Fan Relay that is what goes into the temp switch on the back of the block then it goes to the green plug at the bottom of your radi fan (tell me the color of the wires :) )

The thermo switch is located where the lower radiator hose goes into the back. you should see a plug going into it.

THAnks guyz! I just got back from an important lunch with my folks. Me and my girl are FINALLY MOVING OUT! Anyway thanks for the info. i will check all that tomm morning. HONDASWAP ROCKS!
---- THE TACO MAN

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Jul 3 2005, 07:15 PM
ok check your ecu for B4 Yellow/Green Radiator Fan Relay that is what goes into the temp switch on the back of the block then it goes to the green plug at the bottom of your radi fan (tell me the color of the wires :) )
[post=520256]Quoted post[/post]​

im starting from there. its cut so i have to extend the wire. thanks guys i'll let you know what happens. :)

i think it was just never hooked up. I found the same color wire in the harness so i hooked it up. Im waiting for the car to get to operating temp to see if it turns on.

well they still wont cut on. I followed the harness wire to the back of the block. Its seems to be hooked up. the fan is hooked up (from the green plug to 2 wiresto the harness. i believe they are a black/mix and blue/mix. where is the relay? if there is one.

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Jul 4 2005, 12:46 PM
i will check it out on my car for you and get back to you :)
[post=520409]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks man this really sucks the wires are black/yellow(maybe white due to dirt) AND solid blue with greenish spots.

would there be a ground wire from the ecu that needs to be hooked up something? thewre a couple wires that are not hooked up. I havent had time to look at the pin#'s and tell what they are.

alright i got my lazy ass up. these are the things i found cut
- c9(PA sensor)
- B2 (Tandem Valve control solenoid valve)
- A6 (purge cut-off sloenoid valve)

WHAT ARE THESE AND DO THEY NEED TO BE HOOKED UP! I dont know much but they sound pretty damn important to be cutoff

nothing happens. weird. and still no fans. DAMNIT

Originally posted by Taco15@Jul 5 2005, 06:52 AM
nothing happens. weird. and still no fans. DAMNIT
[post=520666]Quoted post[/post]​

which engine harness are you using?

using the stock obd0 with a pw0 ecu. I dont know what those wires did but was able to find there match on the harness. even still i felt no difference.

I just looked at my crx
there are two wires at the back of the block one is yellow with a blue/green stripe and the other is a black wire. I ran those wire to the ect switch
gallery_36382_304_614.jpg

not sure if that helps but look on your wiring and find those two wires and hook them together and see if the fan turns on constant. if so then run the wires to your ect switch

thanks man i'll check that out asap. I might not have time since im packing for out of town but hopefully i'll get it running right. Thanks guys for you inputs

Back