Cop popped my hood today...HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

I got a ticket today to go see the state ref. He pulled me over for my exhaust being too loud. Then he asked me to pop my hood, took pics of my engine bay and wrote me a ticket for loud exhaust, modified intake, bald tires, no insurance. And what sucks worst of all is i live in cali. Anyone in socal know what to do?

He basically said my intake, adjustable cams, fpr, rail, header were all illegal. Can I just pay the bail and not go see the state ref?

i used to live in burbank cali, and my friend got pulled once. hood popped, and fucked! basically in a nutshell the only way to get by easy is buy performance parts with a certificate for smog approval (in ex. the Edelbrock turbo kit) otherwise build your car and leave it at home. its rediculous to say, but thats how cops see it. or build a car and keep it low pro.
reminds of a time me and my friend piled in his old mazda truck and went to nopi nats in bristol...got pulled over for...ya thats right...ALTERED SUSPENSION! its a fuckin car show. every has "altered suspension"...btw he got 3 tickets for that in one night by 3 different cops.

bald tires?????? :lmao:

reason #39030820382093 not to own animport if you live in Cali

i thought it was reason #39030820382567 article b? wait no, thats the spinner hubcaps on ford fiesta thing...

Originally posted by HollowJDM@Jun 6 2005, 11:33 PM
i thought it was reason #39030820382567 article b? wait no, thats the spinner hubcaps on ford fiesta thing...
[post=508845]Quoted post[/post]​

God-damnit, it's FESTIVA. Everyone calls em fiestas. I use to have one and it erks me when I hear/see that.

its ford, just call it what it is... a pice of shit...

and it sounds like the cop thinks you are not complying with emissions...

so just make your car meet emissions standards, go see the ref and you should be good...

I got a ticket like that 6 years ago. You have to put everything back to stock for the state ref. I don't understand why you have a ticket for bald tires. I guess thats Swartzenegger's way of raising money for california's deficit. <_< . You have to get the ticket signed off by the ref and pay the ticket. Sorry you got that ticket.

Originally posted by E-dogg+Jun 7 2005, 12:37 PM-->
HollowJDM
@Jun 6 2005, 11:33 PM

God-damnit, it's FESTIVA. Everyone calls em fiestas. I use to have one and it erks me when I hear/see that.
[post=509019]Quoted post[/post]​

There are plenty of fiestas still out there to, if you want to be"erked" or possibly irked check out http://home.san.rr.com/gilligan/ford/

Originally posted by E-dogg+Jun 7 2005, 11:37 AM-->
HollowJDM
@Jun 6 2005, 11:33 PM

[post=509019]Quoted post[/post]​

not to keep this off topic, but the fiesta and festiva were two different cars. Google either one.

and yes, cops are fucking nazis pretty much anywhere you go. My advice would be to swap in a semi-stock setup quick and just make it look like the old setup (the one the cop took pics of). Or put the car back to stock & sell it quick. Hang onto the setup & find another shell

and just think- all of this bullshit is just because of "emissions", most of which comes from big factories and diesel trucks and busses. Awesome. Gotta love politics :mad2:

I don't understand why you have a ticket for bald tires.

bald tires = safety infraction... why would he NOT get a ticket for it...?

and just think- all of this bullshit is just because of "emissions", most of which comes from big factories and diesel trucks and busses. Awesome. Gotta love politics

why i do agree with you i am forced to point out the number of cars on the roads compared to the number of factories/diesel trucks...

cars might only contribute a little pollution per vehicle, but the sheer quantity adds up fast...

we should ban all internal combustion engines and bring out the new technologies the oil companies have been supressing for years :ph34r:

i hope you get fucked and have to part out your car. FUCK YOU.

WHOA!!! pissed is def pissed...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 07:02 PM
driving with no insurance?

[post=509074]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

That's the kind of fucked up shit that causes more problems. He was probably looking for more tickets to give you when he found that out.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 7 2005, 01:10 PM
and just think- all of this bullshit is just because of "emissions", most of which comes from big factories and diesel trucks and busses. Awesome. Gotta love politics

why i do agree with you i am forced to point out the number of cars on the roads compared to the number of factories/diesel trucks...

cars might only contribute a little pollution per vehicle, but the sheer quantity adds up fast...

we should ban all internal combustion engines and bring out the new technologies the oil companies have been supressing for years :ph34r:
[post=509077]Quoted post[/post]​

true about the mass numbers of cars on the roads, but out of that total number what percentage of owners modify their cars to make them substantially less emissions friendly than the majority of vehicles out there? Maybe 3-4%? Most people couldn't give a shit less about that kind of stuff, they just want something to get them around.

and as far as ditching big oil, I think you can forget about that ever happening in this country- uncle sam has too many of his greedy little fingers in it

and I missed the no insurance part. Driving around with no insurance = definitely not cool. My mom got rear ended years ago by some stupid young broad who didn't have any insurance. Her neck and back are fucked up for the rest of her life and she didn't get anything for it. Don't be a fucking bonehead and then expect to get sympathy for getting busted.

you can't bail, the ticket has to be signed by a state ref. if it doesn't get signed, you get a late charge fee and propably get your car towed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 01:02 PM

HOLY SHIT! ::turning slowly and walking away:: :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 01:02 PM

LMAO! :withstupid:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 12:02 PM

Something tells me you struck a nerve.

I havent driven my car in a month and a half and i still have insurance on it. Driving without just AINT COOL.

As far as insurance, i just bought the car and my current insruance expired 6/1. But before it expired i had already applied for insurance somewhere else. Called the insurance company and they said I have been covered since then for both cars so im cool. The judge should be ok with me providing the paperwork.

I do think the bald tires violation is bullshit and it seemed like the cop was tryna get me for everything he could. Just being a dickhead fucken cop because he was bored that day. My exhaust wasnt even loud and i never revved past 3000 on that street.

thing i dont get is the cop checked "uncorrectable" next to the exhaust, intake, and insruance violations. Im just gonna contact the court for bail info, fight the no insurance violation, and have my tires inspected by chp. We'll see how it goes. If I do have to see the state ref i guess im fucked.

Originally posted by BigBoy@Jun 7 2005, 10:01 PM
As far as insurance, i just bought the car and my current insruance expired 6/1. But before it expired i had already applied for insurance somewhere else. Called the insurance company and they said I have been covered since then for both cars so im cool. The judge should be ok with me providing the paperwork.

I do think the bald tires violation is bullshit and it seemed like the cop was tryna get me for everything he could. Just being a dickhead fucken cop because he was bored that day. My exhaust wasnt even loud and i never revved past 3000 on that street.

thing i dont get is the cop checked "uncorrectable" next to the exhaust, intake, and insruance violations. Im just gonna contact the court for bail info, fight the no insurance violation, and have my tires inspected by chp. We'll see how it goes. If I do have to see the state ref i guess im fucked.
[post=509397]Quoted post[/post]​

Just make sure everything is smog approved and you should be fine.

And if you have a fart can exhaust, get a silencer for fucks sakes because its 1) gay and 2) annoying

Back