Cops Got My A$$!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolty

Well tonight I got my a$$ in alot of shit. Ok I have had 2 speeding tickets, in like one year. But tonight I got a RACING ON HWY ticket!?!?!?! This sucks I want to know what they are going to do to me. I live in Alabama and I'm 18 years old. But I still go to school. Now the cop told me I might be doing 30days in jail. But I was like WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

Hmm............ I dont know
Im guessing No.
Cuz my ex bf got a speeding ticket on the highway he was 45 over.
sooooo............... he only got a ticket for 400$ and 5 points off + lic. suspended.
ummmm......... but he took that to court

ANYONE ELSE KNO??

maybe that will teach you a lesson to bring it to the track instead of the street.

where in AL? I had a friend get a ticket for highway racing in Huntsville and they took his license for like 30 days i think it was.

I got it in Gulf Shores. It is where most people go to race at. I just don't want to go to jail for some shit like this. Cuz I'm still in High School, that would be BS, if I had to go to jail when I was still in school. + my mom is out of town for about 8weeks and she can't get back down here to help me out. I got her b/f and my g/f, Some teachers at school trying to help me out. But I'm very lucky to have people like that. They just don't want me to go to jail for this.

you wont go to jail cops will tell you the max you can get for doing anything my guess is you will go to court say Im sorry it was dumb you will get a slap on the wrist and pay 300-400 bucks some points maybe and thats it

keep in mind cops can not make money if your in jail! they only lose it! better to have you out on the road getting tickets

my friend has had his DL yanked I think 3 times total all for street racing over and over and over and over again NEVER once has jail ever came up

btw doing 30 over the speed limit is wreckless driving and reason enough to put you in jail "cops have told me that both friends a foes" will they ever do it? hahahha why waste their time when they can just write a ticket I can see maybe if your doing 80+

unless your state is a total ass or if they just starting a program to help out with ending streetracing by doing stuff like jail time then show it to the papers to scare all the drivers but I very much doubt that

its like redlight cams its weird how they shorten the yellow light time on only the lights with cameras might I add that causes MANY! crashes yet its doing the state good..... hmmmm can some one say $Millions to the state for tickets? who cares if car crashes are up 40% at the lights with them as long as its stoping people from running redlights cough cough cough......

"40% is just me pulling a # from my head for all I know it could be 80"

so if it makes you feel any better your walllet is going to hurt and jail time is bs unless the judge is a total prick and even so it COST the state money to put you in jail!

Jeff

Yeah and I don't think they will take me cuz I'm still In High School. Yeah the cop told me getting a DUI is better then getting this Racing on Hwy BS.

STATE OF ALABAMA

Racing on Highway: Misdemeanor §§32-5A-8(a) & 32-5A-178(a)
Sanctions:
Criminal Sanction:
Imprisonment (Term): 1st offense-5 to 90 days Subsequent offense-10 days to 6 months §32-5A-178(d) Mandatory Minimum Term: None
Fine ($ Range): 1st offense-$25 to $500 Subsequent offense-$50 to $500 §32-5A-178(d)
Mandatory Minimum Fine: None
Administrative Licensing Action:
Licensing Authorized and Type of Action: Suspension §§32-5A-178(d) & 32-5A-195(k)(8) Suspension via the Point System(4)
Length of Term of Licensing Withdrawal: 1st or subsequent offense-6 months §32-5A-178(d) Suspension via the Point System-60 to 365 days(4)
Mandatory Action--Minimum Length of License Withdrawal: None

(from NHTSA website) http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enf...w98/alspeed.htm

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enforce/stspdlaw98/mdspeed.htm Marylands://http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inj...d.htm Marylands://http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inj...d.htm Marylands

Race or Speed Contest on a Highway: Misdemeanor Tran. §§21-1116(a) & 27-101(a)
Sanctions:
Criminal Sanction:
Imprisonment (Term): None
Mandatory Minimum Term:
Fine ($ Range): Not more than $500 Tran. §27-101(B)
Mandatory Minimum Fine: None
Administrative Licensing Action:
Licensing Authorized and Type of Action: Suspension or Revocation via a Point System (4)
Length of Term of Licensing Withdrawal: Not more than 2 years (4)
Mandatory Action--Minimum Length of License Withdrawal: None If a suspension or revocation would adversely an offender's employment or opportunity for employment, such licensing action may be declined, canceled or modified. Tran. §16-405(a)

Hmmm I still say it would be a waste of money to put you in jail
just ask for community work and say your sorry it was dumb

or just find a way to prove it was not a race and it was only speeding my friends have done that MANY times but thats as they are pulled over

they have also been pulled over for racing even tho they were not so I guess its within some truth to say what are you talking about =)

I want a r6 I would of walk that bike right pass that cop!!!!! BYE BITCH!!!!!!

1st offense-5 to 90 days Subsequent offense-10 days to 6 months §32-5A-178(d)
That cop told me it would be 30days at the most. Yeah I still don't think they can take me, CUZ SCHOOL!!!

dude, if you were going to jail, the cop would have arrested you...fuggetaboutit

Originally posted by doofnoil@Mar 16 2003, 03:13 PM
dude, if you were going to jail, the cop would have arrested you...fuggetaboutit

Not neccesarly. He still has to stand before a judge. He wont goto jail if he walks out of the court room. He wont know if he was going to jail until a judge says so. He could have been arrested, spent booking time and then go bail, but he still has to see if a jail will put him in jail. :)

you are tripping you arent go to jail the mandatory minimum for everything is none you could walk out w a 25 dollar fine period so stop crying about school i dont think you should be scared the cop might not even show up tip if you get a lawyer to enquire about the cops history training etc then the cop is less likely to show up and if he does the trick is to not in an arrogent way ask the cop how many tickets he gives in a day then a month and then average and then when he says then be like out of xxx tickets do you honestly reemember the specifics of my case when he says no move to dismiss on lack of evidence

i got a racing on the highway ticket once but it got thrown out when we got to court.
i was following my friend in his supra TT, but i never once got beside him or tried to pass him so the judge threw it out.

I friend of mine here in Huntsville, AL got pulled over for racing by a state trooper and they took his license for 30 days and put him probation for a year. So they might not put you in jail. If they were going to they probably would have done it when they pulled you over. But thats my two cents.

Back