Corrado Big Brakes Anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88bluehf

First off I have a 88 CRX Hf and I am upgrading my brake system. I have read that you can use 90VW corrado rotors, 91 ex spindles and itr calipers. Well i purchased all componnents and tried to do a test fit before I installed them on the car and the rotor WILL NOT fit on the spindle. I thought they would work on 4G spindles but not the 5G's. I will be switching to Re-drilled Prelude VTEC rotors, but I guess im wondering why my setup doesnt work when I have read that it does.

you can fit the lude vtec rotors on there?

those are huge...

and i dunno anything about using corrado rotors...
it seems they should fit since corrado is 4x100
where is it not fitting?
did you try it on both the ex spindles and the hf spindles?

are you sure you have ex spindles?
and are you sure they are the right rotors?

link to the write up?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 7 2005, 07:35 AM
you can fit the lude vtec rotors on there?

those are huge...

and i dunno anything about using corrado rotors...
it seems they should fit since corrado is 4x100
where is it not fitting?
did you try it on both the ex spindles and the hf spindles?

are you sure you have ex spindles?
and are you sure they are the right rotors?

link to the write up?
[post=522054]Quoted post[/post]​

ludes need to be redrilled...bought them today will machine tomorrow

i pulled the ex spindles myself so they are a definite.
i wish i would have saved the write up but i cand find it now.
o well, should have known to avoid VW.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 10 2005, 09:46 AM
Sorry, got confused. The knuckle and spindle are two different things. :)
[post=523534]Quoted post[/post]​

very true...i think im going to do the swap today...i hope i dont run into anymore problems..

Finally the Brakes are done...The end result is absolutely fantastic. I am very pleased.

gallery_33781_385_23204.jpg

gallery_33781_385_20819.jpg

thats fucking sweet, wish i had an EF. but, ive got a write up for a similar break upgrade for da integra's... i cant wait. what sort of improvement as far as braking did you see?

wanna do some tests... to compare to stock. say from a 60 stop teh brakes and see how long it takes to stop like car and driver did back when the car was new?

just a thought.

one more thing, are the itr calipers 2 or 1 piston?

thats fucking sweet, wish i had an EF

THANKS!!!

yeah its basically the same for da's, but you dont have to change the spindles though. i can say without a doubt the braking is SIGNIFICANTLY improved. I would like to do some test, but i bet it can stop in 60%of the stock distance from 60-0. (my stock setup was 9.1" not too impressive) I used to lock my ish up quite regularly but with the limited test i have performed in the current break in period i have noticed that i have much more control over whats going on. i am running single piston right now, but i am looking at upgrading to the dual piston model. Never hurts to upgrade right?

its an awesome mod IMO....beats spending 1000 bucks on a big brake setup..
i went with the calipers bc accord wagon, legend, prelude vtec, itr are all basically the same...plus i got a good deal...lol..i can give you a full list of what cars came with these calipers if you are interested.

94+prelude VTEC, ACURA Vigor, Acura LEgend 91+,ITR, CL, TL, Accord V6,NSX, ACCORD wagon and i think CRV

Originally posted by Blanco+Jul 13 2005, 05:46 AM-->
Originally posted by brian11to1@Jul 12 2005, 10:52 PM
you never answered or i just overlooked it... are the 2 or 1 pistons caliper. If i remember they are 2.
[post=525149]Quoted post[/post]​

88bluehf
@Jul 10 2005, 04:12 PM
i am running single piston right now, but i am looking at upgrading to the dual piston model. Never hurts to upgrade right?
[post=523673]Quoted post[/post]​

:p
[post=525256]Quoted post[/post]​

oooooooops... i overlooked it.

fucking sweet.

so, i take it the single piston is larger than a single piston on a da's brakes or are they the same size... i so cant wait to do this.

considerably larger....before i upgraded my MC the pedal feel was waaaaaaaay to mushy.

this is probably one of the best upgrades i have done to my car...i have found an article on how to put 10.3's on the rear, so i think that is my next upgrade..more stopping power for the 1800lb rex...lol

10.3 is what the integra's have stock, in the front... that is sweeet... more pictures uh?

can you give a complete run down of the install w/pictures please?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jul 13 2005, 10:50 PM
10.3 is what the integra's have stock, in the front... that is sweeet... more pictures uh?

can you give a complete run down of the install w/pictures please?
[post=525863]Quoted post[/post]​

pictures of my install on front? if so ill tear one side down tomorrow and take some detailed pics. Ill give a link for the 10.3 rears as soon as i find where i saved it at in my computer...lol.

Back