Couple quick D15b2auto->d16y8 manual questions (Injen, Luis,Vtec,etc Plz!).

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Reboticon

couple of quick questions. I thought that i had read somewhere that i would need a different starter if i swapped my auto for a manual tranny. Then i see they have the same part numbers.So does my auto starter work? Am i just getting confused because ive been reading too much about B series swaps?

Second question. Engine is going from D15b2 to D16y8. Due to lack of funds and parts i currently have, i would like to run the engine with a Pm6 obd0 from an 88-91 si until i can afford a p28 and finish wiring my conversion harness. What dizzy do i use? Do i have more than one option as a temporarily solution?

I realize most of this has been discussed to death, but i would really like to get an answer from someone whos opinion I trust before i spend any more money...

I can use the D16a6 crank gear and a D16y8 cam gear with no problems also, correct?

Last edited:
i know for b-series you would be correct in that an auto starter will not work on a manual transmission. whether thats true for d-series or not i am uncertain.

If you are planning on running the y8 with the pm6 then you can use the stock 88-91 Si TD-02U distributor. every bolt hole matches the head. as long as you keep the rpm's below where vtec engages you should probably be fine.

pretty sure your fine with the crank gear, not certain however if the stock y8 cam gear will work though.

Back