crank no start, intermittent fuel pressure, no spark, delay at the main relay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dbataya

About a week or so ago I swapped a 1997 gsr into my 2000 Honda civic hatch back... Went to start the car and it only cranks... I get a delay at the main relay... So sometimes I get fuel others I don't... I get no spark... And the motor was running in a em1 before I pulled it and dropped it into my ek hatch can someone please help... I have tried a new dizzy, and a new mail relay... I get power to both the pump and the dizzy but no spark, and no fuel pressure... Running a p28 with a new obd1 to obd2b jumper/conversion harness

3 grounds on motor/trans? One from engine harness to thermo housing, one off of the valve cover, and one off the transmission.

You shouldn't have to worry about Immobilizer because you got a OBD1 ECU. Are you sure it is in good shape?

What engine harness did you use?

With fuel pump being intermittent, it sounds like an electrical connection isn't mated up right. Go through grounds and check engine harness connections.

3 grounds on motor/trans? One from engine harness to thermo housing, one off of the valve cover, and one off the transmission.

You shouldn't have to worry about Immobilizer because you got a OBD1 ECU. Are you sure it is in good shape?

What engine harness did you use?

With fuel pump being intermittent, it sounds like an electrical connection isn't mated up right. Go through grounds and check engine harness connections.

Yes the ecu was out of a running car...

Checked all grounds thermo, trans, rad support, and shock tower... All connected good...
I get an delay at the main relay, the file pump kicks in sometimes, and I get power to the dizzy but no spark...

Sadly.....I think you've got electrical gremilns. I figure something is either not connected fully or there is a short.

Sadly.....I think you've got electrical gremilns. I figure something is either not connected fully or there is a short.
Okay
so here's an up date
I finally got fuel... Because I remembered the engine harness someone rewired it to work with a integra... I have no clue why... But any who... I just moved the fuel pump relay from position 16 which is for an integra to position. 15 which is for a civic... So I'm getting fuel But now the last thing is I don't have spark...

Back