crower cam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help. for my LS build (thanks injen for the short block) I was looking to get some new cams, and I was thinking about getting either the crower stage 1 cams or the stage 2 (turbo/super charger). The one thing I'm wondering is if I get the stage 2 do I have to get their spring package or would I be fine with the stock springs?
If anyone has tried other cams and would like to put in some input go for it, I would like to know other options

thanks!

You should definitely get springs with the stage 2 Crower cams. They're a pretty good set. What are you trying to go for with the engine? It's hard to recommend a set of cams without knowing that.

yeah sorry I should have put more, my high power goal is 250 but my realistic power goal is probably 225 or so. Nothing to extreme, turbo of course, cams, intake, exhaust, probably some head work because we all know how well ls heads flow. probably a better intake manifold and throttle body. I may try that water/meth injection thing just to see how it does. but yeah thats about all

Your mods WAY outpace your power goals. You really don't need anything fancy to get to 225-250whp on an LS engine- just the right turbo selection and a good tune. If you want to spend the money on Crower turbo cams and methanol injection, you really should be going for a lot more than 250whp.

By my rough wrong-formula quickie math, I think that 200-210whp would be a good conservative estimate depending on what turbo you pick. There are guys pushing almost 250whp at 7-8psi on a turbo that's efficient all the way through redline.

damn I wouldn't mind that, yeah I plan on picking up a 16g turbo off my friend. so nothing major but who knows, build it and dyno it, that's really the only thing that will tell the truth, but thanks for all your help!

No problem- honestly, just turbo and tune the thing first. If you're not planning on going inside the block, you can always get cams later if you want more power. See how you do on the dyno first and see how you feel about the way the car drives, then move forward from there.

Back