crower stroker kit

i have been searching around the web for some parts,and i came across a crower stroker kit but it doesnt say anything about the performance.i just wanted to ask will it give my motor some power if i get the high compression kit.


oh yeah i have a h22a motor in an accord.
i was planning on a turbo but now i have come across this kit so i might be changing my mind.i dont want trmendous amount of power im just looking for a few whp that i can use.so will this kit give me some whp?
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
don't bother. not worth it IMO.

if you're going to go that route, get the block sleeved in a larger bore-- if memory servers, 86mm is stock, so take it to 88 or 89m with a nice high compression pistons and a strong rod. add some head work, and a nice cam, and you're golden
 
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2005, 09:43 PM
don't bother. not worth it IMO.

if you're going to go that route, get the block sleeved in a larger bore-- if memory servers, 86mm is stock, so take it to 88 or 89m with a nice high compression pistons and a strong rod. add some head work, and a nice cam, and you're golden
[post=514606]Quoted post[/post]​



i was just looking at the je high compression piston set it looks pretty good,and i was looking at eagle rods i hear good things about them.and if i do some head work like valves and retainers should i get those high compression to or what should i do.

how much would it cost to sleeve my block to about 89mm?
oohh yeah what cams do u suggest man.thanx
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
a good setup for you may not be a good set up for me.

sleeving costs about 1000 bucks, plus the bore + hone.

what gas can you get? if you're stuck on 91, you're options are lower.
if you can get 94, you can go a little bigger.

but ~12:1 compression or so on a larger bore piston, some stage 2 cams from skunk or something and a valvetrain to hold it will give you a solid 30 whp gain if yo do it right
 

formby

learning in progress
i dont know much about h series motors but wouldnt it be cheaper to use an h23 block and some type s pistons with the cams and other boltons...a head swap ussually gives15-30 hp depending on parts used...(if i'm not mistaken)
....i know that sleaving is the best option....but i'm always concerned about price...i dont know if hondaaccord94 is like me or not...
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
the h23/h22 is a little move involved than the ls/vtec's of the b-series.

but in the end, you're still stuck with shitty FRM-coated sleeved that you can't run forged pistons on.
 
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2005, 09:20 AM
a good setup for you may not be a good set up for me.

sleeving costs about 1000 bucks, plus the bore + hone.

what gas can you get? if you're stuck on 91, you're options are lower.
if you can get 94, you can go a little bigger.

but ~12:1 compression or so on a larger bore piston, some stage 2 cams from skunk or something and a valvetrain to hold it will give you a solid 30 whp gain if yo do it right
[post=515178]Quoted post[/post]​
holy crap thats a lot of money.
one more question will my motor be reliaBLE because i drive it to work every day?
oh yeah would i be able to rev it to 8000rpm with that setup?
 

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
1000 to sleeve is a lot? you were going to spend the same ammount on a crank. lol

everything is only as reliable as you set it up and build it.

if you get it built by someone good,
get it tuned by someone good with a management system
and your valve train can hold it
and your cams make power there

there is no reason why this motor won't hold 9500
 
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2005, 04:31 PM
1000 to sleeve is a lot? you were going to spend the same ammount on a crank. lol

everything is only as reliable as you set it up and build it.

if you get it built by someone good,
get it tuned by someone good with a management system
and your valve train can hold it
and your cams make power there

there is no reason why this motor won't hold 9500
[post=515379]Quoted post[/post]​


pissedoffsol i noticed u know a shitload about cars so i wanna take the chance to ask u a few questions if its alright with u.
just let me get this cleared up so if i sleeve my block and put some high compression pistons and some rods,and build my head with skunk2 i could rev up to about 9500rpm with a good tune of course?how much whp could i be hoping to see.some of my friends told me if i get my block sleeved its only gonna get weaker i dont know im just asking.how much money in total am i gonna need for that setup?
 

lude9593

Senior Member
i didn't really take the time to add stuff up but i would say AT LEAST $2000. and that would probably include you doing the work yourself (minus the blockwork and pnp or whatever).

another option to consider that'd be cheaper would be to buy some type-s pistons for $200 off of hmotorsonline. swap those in, get some good headwork done, stage 1 or 2 cams and springs/retainers, etc. if required. i'd say that'd add a little pep to that h22.
 

formby

learning in progress
[/quote]

some of my friends told me if i get my block sleeved its only gonna get weaker
[post=515382]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

your friends are dumb asses dont listen to them.....
sleeves makes the block "bullet proof"
 
Originally posted by lude9593@Jun 22 2005, 05:24 PM
i didn't really take the time to add stuff up but i would say AT LEAST $2000. and that would probably include you doing the work yourself (minus the blockwork and pnp or whatever).

another option to consider that'd be cheaper would be to buy some type-s pistons for $200 off of hmotorsonline. swap those in, get some good headwork done, stage 1 or 2 cams and springs/retainers, etc. if required. i'd say that'd add a little pep to that h22.
[post=515396]Quoted post[/post]​



so u are saying that type s pistons would drop right in there without a problem?
and i was thinking of getting the whole head skunk2 is that recommended?i know skunk2 is a very good company but i dont know about there valvetrain so does anyone know of there valvetrain.

u guys think that some type s pistons will give me some more power?
 

jdmeg6

Senior Member
Originally posted by formby@Jun 22 2005, 03:24 PM
your friends are dumb asses dont listen to them.....
sleeves makes the block "bullet proof"
[post=515410]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: what kind of crack are they smokin, why would reinforcing your motor make it weaker!! :lol:

Skunk2 would definitely provide a good solid valvetrain with the ability to hit some pretty high revs.
 
Top