Crx b16a questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c1civic97

I currently have a b16a crx, and was looking for ways to make more power. Somebody suggested putting an ls bottom end, and we actually found a 94 b18c1 for fairly cheap price. The crx is an si, all extra wires have been ran for the b16, and the only code the car has is a tps sensor code. My question is how difficult will it be to put the gsr motor into the crx. I'm planning on using the b16 tranny, and all the wiring thats currently there for the b16, and all the motor mounts should be the same, but being that this was our first swap, it's intimidating. Will I have to run more wires, and also will the pr3 ecu work well with the car, or will I need to change it for something else. I just want to make sure we're not going in over our heads with this, and so any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You'll have to wire the car for OBD1 (2??). Anyhoots, you'll need to rewire the whole thing to get that engine in. You can buy conversion harnesses from places...so if you don't like wiring or suck at it, thats an option. No the PR3 ecu won't work, you need whatever one is nessisary for a 94 GSR.

if you buy a skunk2 or simulier intake manifold for gsr you can convert the gsr to obd 0 using the b16 dizzy,injectors and pr3.
id convert to obd1 it not that hard if you buy a jumper harness
-joseph

is it true that the gsr motor can be a problem in a crx because the bottom is a lot lower than the b16? The mechanic selling us the motor thinks it will be a problem, I've never heard of that, but is this an actual concern or not?
you have to wire the secondary runners in the gsr manifold.

What exactly is this and where in the harness would you hook it up to, any links or writeups would be great. If anybody lives close to washington dc and wants to help or give advice, its always cool to learn how to do it the "right" way from the more experienced. :p
:thumbsup: Thanks for the help so far.

thats if your using the gsr ecu, do a search for the ecu pinouts and run the wires

Back