CRX head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CorruptCRX

<_< Can i put a d16a1 head on my d15 shortblock? I havent seen it done is just was wondering. any help would be great. thanks

CorruptCRX :worthy:

Because im on a very tight budget and i have the head and i dont have much money. im trying to stay cheap but get the best i can.

CORRUPTCRX

I was just on SUPERHONDA and some crackhead said i could put a b16a head on my d15 or my d16 is this possible? i have no clue and i dont know if he does either. :blink:

if your on a tight budget and NEED to do something you can do a "mini me" swap .... put a D16Z6 head on your D15 block... it will give you some ok power for the money youll spend ...... BUT ... id have to suggest saving up till you have enough to swap in something youll want to keep around for a while ... no sence spending money twice
take time hooking up your brakes and suspension ... do some exhaust work that will be useful when you do a real swap... dont get anything for that t engine just put the money where it will be more usefull

yea thats true my dad is a NX rep/salesman so i can put some juice on it and my buddy is gonna sell me some headers and AEM cam gear and ported intake and throttle body for my stick motor for really cheap so ill use that until i can get like b16 or h22 or something. thanks

lol Southern California..hehe that would be tons of fun on my rebuilt block..hehehhehe

Originally posted by CorruptCRX@Oct 2 2002, 01:45 PM
I was just on SUPERHONDA and some crackhead said i could put a b16a head on my d15 or my d16 is this possible? i have no clue and i dont know if he does either. :blink:

well, first of all- stay away from there for anything tech related. that's a problem

the head wont fit.

you can put the head on, but some things probably won't line up correctly.... i say keep it as a 1.5, and put a 50 shot on it :)

i am located in charleston west virginia. id be glad to hook you up if you were over here my dad also has a machine shop and is getting a chassis dyno very soon. so if anyone on the eastcoast is interested i can send you some info.

Originally posted by CorruptCRX@Oct 3 2002, 08:20 AM
i am located in charleston west virginia. id be glad to hook you up if you were over here my dad also has a machine shop and is getting a chassis dyno very soon. so if anyone on the eastcoast is interested i can send you some info.

Probably in the spring I'll be looking for a dyno shop. I'm in Grove City, pa. not to far. Send me some info.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 3 2002, 02:58 AM
youre gettin naawwwwwwwssssss!!! :)

is that smog legal in cali?

lol well lets see..I have an uncertifiable unregistered ZC, 5% window tint i got done when I was living in AZ, fuel spewing cam regrinds, and an exhaust that I really did measure at 110 dB..lol who cares about the nitrous! Anyways with nitrous..I think the bottle has to be empty and not located in the cabin or vented to outside the cabin, and solenoids cannot be visible in the engine compartment (I don't think that's the law..I think it's just in case you are pulled over). That is what I have gathered from laws in California.

In cali you have to have the line disconnected right at the bottle to be street legal. It can be full, just disconnected at the bottle!

Back